We have just got back from spending 12 days of our honeymoon at Melati. After a hectic time with the wedding, Melati gave us a relaxed and chilled out rest. We stayed in a Pool villa which was such a treat for us it was well worth paying the extra to stay in one. (The villa did give us a great deal of privacy). We tried out all of the restaurants and really enjoyed the food, especially the meal we had at the Kan Sak Thong Restaurant.
The general facilities of the resort are very good and the hotel does offer some great activities during the day like Tai Chi, Yoga & Muay Thai classes to name a few. My favourite was the Thai cooking class with Chef Dam. He was great to cook with especially as my other half is a vegetarian and does not cook, Chef Dam was very helpful in giving us alternatives to the meat options and we cooked some great veggie dishes.
I think what makes the hotel great is the staff. They are excellent, they are so friendly and helpful they cannot do an enough for you.
During our stay we did find ourselves going to Bophut regularly. This was no fault of the hotel, normally we do not stay at resorts like Mealti and like to get out and explore. This fishing village has some cracking restaurants and some great sunsets. Definitely worth a visit on a Friday evening as they close of the street to hold a night market.
The only improvements I can say about Melati is that they already provide a shuttle service to Chaweng but they should maybe consider an evening shuttle to Bophut. Also we found the coffee cups in the restaurant a bit of a pain as the handles were small and a bit fiddly.
But overall a 9 out of 10 from me.
Many thanks for a cracking stay.
PS we didn't use the Spa so we didn't rate it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melati’s 79 Villas & Suites are a minimum of seventy seven square meters of indoor-outdoor living space with more than seventy percent of all accommodation featuring personal swimming pools. The Resort is embraced by an expansive and lush tropical landscape, featuring a magnificent seven level waterfall accented by Melati’s exclusive seven tier service plan making Melati Beach Resort the ideal destination for those seeking indulgent romance and true relaxation. Melati also features not one but two central pool areas. Located beach front is a massive infinity pool known as The See with amazing views of neighboring islands, a swim-up pool bar and adjacent kids club. The See is the perfect place for those young in years or simply young at heart to while away the day in chilled out comfort; a place to be seen and a place to see. And for those seeking peace and quiet the Sanctuary Pool is a sunken oasis of pleasure reserved for adults only.Further accenting the guest experience are two restaurants, pool bar, lounge, full service spa with beauty salon, fitness center, yoga sala, meditation garden, tour & excursion desk and gift shop. Additionally the resort offers daily activities, limited yet complimentary wifi access for those in need, a complimentary Mac Internet Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Priceline so you can book your Melati Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melati Beach Resort And Spa
- Melati Beach Hotel Bophut
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut