We spent 6 nights at melati and enjoyed our stay. The resort itself is lovely two nice pools, a good restaurant, a small but clean beach all in a tranquil area. The only let down for us was our room location which was quite far from the main area and the paper thin walls. Despite this we would still return to melati we would just change our room type next time.
Rooms - we stayed in a garden villa with a pool. The villa itself was lovely spacious a nice pool, light and airy. Before booking we were tossing up between a pool villa and garden villa. What we didn't know is that the garden villa had suites above them as well as next to them. This would not be a problem if the walls were not so thin that we could hear all of our neighbours, talking, walking and watching tv. Next time we would boom a pool villa which don't have rooms above them. Location wise we were about 5 mins walk from the main beach but we got used to this through the week and just took a bag to the beach so we didn't have to constantly walk back to the room.
Pool- the two pools are lovely. The main one is big and has lovely views over the ocean while the other offers a quiet environment away from the crowds. In saying that we never found the pools or the resort crowded. We also never had a problem getting a sun lounger by either of the pools.
Restaurant - good food nothing to complain about, not a cheap place to eat but not too pricy. Cheaper alternatives are easily available just a taxi ride away.
Beach- small beach but lovely. It is shared by only 2 other small resorts and we didn't see many other people from these resorts. I do like to walk the beach which couldn't happen on this small beach which can be walked in about five mins but after seeing other crowded beaches I realised our beach was much nicer even though small.
Location - the resort is in a quiet area, there are no shops or restaurants in walking distance. It is about at 10-15min taxi ride to either of these which will cost you about $15 dollars each way in a taxi.
Also just a quick note on the library. During our trip I finished my first book and thought great they have a library but there are literally 4 books written in English so just bring an extra book.
All in all besides slightly annoying thin walls we did have a lovely stay at melati and would return again.
- Also Known As:
- Melati Beach Resort And Spa
- Melati Beach Hotel Bophut
- Melati Beach Hotel
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melati’s 79 Villas & Suites are a minimum of seventy seven square meters of indoor-outdoor living space with more than seventy percent of all accommodation featuring personal swimming pools. The Resort is embraced by an expansive and lush tropical landscape, featuring a magnificent seven level waterfall accented by Melati’s exclusive seven tier service plan making Melati Beach Resort the ideal destination for those seeking indulgent romance and true relaxation. Melati also features not one but two central pool areas. Located beach front is a massive infinity pool known as The See with amazing views of neighboring islands, a swim-up pool bar and adjacent kids club. The See is the perfect place for those young in years or simply young at heart to while away the day in chilled out comfort; a place to be seen and a place to see. And for those seeking peace and quiet the Sanctuary Pool is a sunken oasis of pleasure reserved for adults only.Further accenting the guest experience are two restaurants, pool bar, lounge, full service spa with beauty salon, fitness center, yoga sala, meditation garden, tour & excursion desk and gift shop. Additionally the resort offers daily activities, limited yet complimentary wifi access for those in need, a complimentary Mac Internet Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Melati Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.