We had a wonderful stay at the Melati and really do not have many complaints. We stayed in the Grande Deluxe room which was very spacious for a family of four - of course we did not spend a lot of time in there. The bathrooms and showers are huge which was great. The rooms have A/C in the sleeping portion and are in great condition considering they are open to the outside air in the bathroom for example. This was no problem at all and I do not like humidity one bit. There was a delicious treat waiting in the room for us every night and the rooms were maintained twice/day. The staff was very accommodating for any requests and very friendly.
The pool area and kids club were great!! My kids loved being in the pool and swimming in the ocean. It was a nice beach - very quiet and calm water. The only issue is some rough rocks/shells that you have to swim or walk over to get to a sand bar. The restaurant was great with very friendly staff. Of course prices were very high compared to what you would pay outside of the resort. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and set up to meet many different palates. Never had an issue with anything running out or not being seated right away.
The only main issue we had is the check in and check out process which is the longest I have ever encountered. At least you get a relaxing drink and cold cloth to cool you down while you wait to check in. But, you almost get nervous that your reservation does not exist as they make you wait a long time. The other issue we had which may not bother others is that the resort is like its own little paradise but outside the gate you see poverty - lots of stray dogs running around, shacks, etc. You almost feel guilty staying in such luxurious surroundings.
Thank you again for a nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melati’s 79 Villas & Suites are a minimum of seventy seven square meters of indoor-outdoor living space with more than seventy percent of all accommodation featuring personal swimming pools. The Resort is embraced by an expansive and lush tropical landscape, featuring a magnificent seven level waterfall accented by Melati’s exclusive seven tier service plan making Melati Beach Resort the ideal destination for those seeking indulgent romance and true relaxation. Melati also features not one but two central pool areas. Located beach front is a massive infinity pool known as The See with amazing views of neighboring islands, a swim-up pool bar and adjacent kids club. The See is the perfect place for those young in years or simply young at heart to while away the day in chilled out comfort; a place to be seen and a place to see. And for those seeking peace and quiet the Sanctuary Pool is a sunken oasis of pleasure reserved for adults only.Further accenting the guest experience are two restaurants, pool bar, lounge, full service spa with beauty salon, fitness center, yoga sala, meditation garden, tour & excursion desk and gift shop. Additionally the resort offers daily activities, limited yet complimentary wifi access for those in need, a complimentary Mac Internet Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Melati Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melati Beach Resort And Spa
- Melati Beach Hotel Bophut
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut