We came to Koh Samui for the Full Moon Party on the neighboring Koh Phangan July 2012. We stayed in one of the Beachfront Villas, and it was extremely relaxing and right on the water. It was the perfect place to relax before and after the craziness that is the Full Moon Party. The Villa manager, Tan, did a fantastic job for us booking our transportation back and forth to the Full Moon Party. He is completely trustworthy, and has excellent advice regarding the best modes of transport. He sent us to the best speedboat service which launced from 3 doors down, and got us a discounted ticket price. We had no issues coming home (walked right onto the speedboat), however we were on the last boat of the day at 7am so that might have played a part as I hear all the lines can be bad earlier in the evening. The rest of our stay at Villa Tanamera was very relaxing. There is a masseuse (unrelated to the villa I think) who gave massages directly outside the villa on the beach that was fantastic (for about $7 USD an hour). Tan also helped us with lunch and dinner reservations, and did a terrific job. I highly reccomend the Big Buddah Cafe (we ate there 3 times), as well as a nice italian restaurant that he recommended on the water in Bophut. If you are like us and wanted to party the night away, but be able to escape the craziness and have a nice relaxing place to recover from your hangover, you cannot do any better than this. It's about a 15 minute taxi to Chaweng. Excellent choice for the value. Only issue - There is only A/C in the bedrooms, not in the living room (which gets hot int he summer). If you leave the A/C running, it tended to drip a bit of water every now and then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the front of Bang Raks Beach these Koh Samui villas are a combination of relaxing place and modern elegance. Each villa boasts 2 bedroom, living room and kitchenette and features a balcony or terrace. Whether you're a couple looking for a quiet and romantic getaway, a family looking for a cozy place to holiday, or even a larger group wanting ultimate privacy and service, our private Beach Villas resort are the right choice! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Villa Tanamera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Tanamera Hotel Koh Samui
- Villa Tanamera Ko Samui/Bophut