“Waterfront rocks!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 175 Hotels in Bophut
Garland, Maine
“Waterfront rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My name is Diana. I recently stayed at the Waterfront Boutique Hotel for 16 incredible nights. Robin and Sue have made the hotel into a home away from home. After living in Beijing for more than a year, The Waterfront was like heaven. It's beautiful, well cared for, and peaceful. It is rare to hear anything from the street even outside of your room. The pool is wonderful as well as the tiki bar. My room was spacious and comfortable. Robin and Sue arranged for my ride from and to the airport as well as letting me stay until 5 pm. Check out time is much earlier than that. The breakfast was wonderful and it was always a treat to see "Cooking" the first thing every morning. The staff there treated me like royalty and it was difficult for me to say good bye to them when I left. I felt as though I was leaving people I had known for years. The hotel is also situation on beautiful Bophut Beach right at Fisherman's Village. I recommend this hotel highly and hope to make it back there during the Winter. I cannot forget Orr and Carol or the girls that tended to me when I got a bad sunburn. I am truly blessed to have found that place!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Robin and Sue certainly know how to make you feel welcome. They and their staff do everything they can to make sure your stay is the best it can be. The food is good, the pool is lovely, and as it is only 18 rooms you get chatting to other guests at the pool bar and everyone is like family. They picked us up and took us back to the airport, offered us tremendous support when our bank card got cloned and Robin even invited me over to his apartment to watch the cricket! It's right on the beach and close to everything and one of Bophut's best Thai restaurants, The Hut, is literally right outside. We had a family bungalow with 2 bedrooms and it was great. We'll be back.

Stayed August 2014
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

The whole hotel is kept in a nice, clean state and you can tell the staff care about the grounds. The prices are extremely competitive in a busy area.

We stayed at The Waterfront with a large group of friends. The staff go the extra mike the whole time to make your stay special. During our visit some of out party got engaged and the staff worked wonders with flowers in their room to celebrate.

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Another amazing holiday at the waterfront new pool was brilliant staff friendly as always , Cooking does the best tom yum soup ever all the food is great This is a fantastic little hotel and resort to stay .Sue and Robins hospitality cannot be faulted.Rosie and Steve.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Just back from revisiting this lovely hotel. There were four of us and we stayed in the beach bungalows. As always the place was spotlessly clean. Rooms cleaned every day with the pool and surrounding garden area cleaned / pruned all day long by the cleaning staff / gardeners.
The pool area which was recently enlarged is an asset to this place. As are the staff , always friendly and eager to help. The owners are a lovely couple who are always chatty and helpful.
Yes there are larger hotels to choose from but i find they can be very impersonnel, this place i find very very relaxing and feel the batteries recharging during my stay.
There are very good eating places on the doorstep and along the main street
I will be back to this lovely hotel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a two week stay at The Waterfront. We had a fantastic time while there and cannot wait to return. Our bungalow was clean and comfortable and the view was amazing. Much time was spent in the well kept pool everyday. The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Yes, do eat at The Hut as the food is very tasty and the prices are cheap. We will definitely return. Thanks to all and keep up the good work!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Overall, I had a pleasant time. A few caveats though, some of the rooms are on the main road. Across the street is a club that plays loud music until 11ish. If you are out and about then this is no cause for concern. I, however, wanted to go to bed earlier than that so that I could get up at 6:00 to go on day trips. I did ask if I could be moved to another room, but the only other room that they showed me was facing the street, too. The hotel wasn't completely booked, but the person at the front desk didn't want to give me a larger room. That being said, the hotel is very clean and the grounds and pool area are kept very tidy. My room was cleaned everyday . I am a little picky about cleanliness. I have been to some hotels in Asia where I cannot get a good night's sleep because I think the sheets are dirty or the bed is saggy or worn out. I did not have problem with this here.

The breakfast which is included was good but if you get there before 8:00 they do not offer you the whole breakfast menu (eggs, sausages, toast..)- only coffee/tea, cereal and fruit. I was gone by 7:40 am for two of the three days so I missed out for most of my time here. The beaches in this part of the island has coral so you cannot walk around without shoes so I did not use the beach. The last plus is the restaurant across the street (The Hut) is really delicious!! If I had to do it again, I would have picked a less expensive non-beach front hotel and just walked to the Hut for dinner. But if you have kids and need a clean pool, have swim shoes, and stay out late or get a large room away from the street, I think this place is a good option.

One last note- some of the reviewers have complained about the owners/managers of the hotel. I found everyone (including the English couple) to be extremely pleasant and did not hear any loud talking or arguing from the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Waterfront? Share your experiences!