“fabulous place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 175 Hotels in Bophut
glasgow SCOTLAND
“fabulous place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We recently stayed in the bophut resort and spa for 10 days... It really is an amazing hotel and the attention to detail is superb...

The prices as well at the bars and restaurant were very reasonable and this allowed for us to eat lunch by the pool good few days as well as have drinks before and after dinner...

The location is fab and only 5 mins walk along the beach to the fishermans village - however there is no walk way so if you dont want the sand you have to walk the road way which can take longer

We opted for the garden villa which was great and the level of housekeeping twice daily was fantastic

Like most hotels in this area it is relatively small and we found it very quiet at night but the fisherman's village had more going on and then chaewang is completely jumping --- made for one or two fun nights out...

Would recommend this hotel and area to anyone ---- just make sure n bring a very good insect repellent ha ha

thanks Bophut for a fab holiday and we will definately be back x

Room Tip: go for the garden villa as it gives the proper Thai experience x
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was an incredible hotel within walking distance to fisherman's village (great on the beach, authentic dining and shopping). It's not the luxury of the rooms that make me want to go back, it's the outstanding service. Every time we came back to the rooms, it was freshened, cleaned, organized-- so refreshing! I also loved that every morning we had breakfast on the beach. I truly can't imagine staying anywhere else when visiting Ko Samui!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Absolutely wonderful relaxing hotel - highly recommended. We had a garden villa room - huge and a fabulous bathroom. I believe all the rooms are great. Lovely pool and plenty of sunbeds to choose from - all in great positions. Breakfast really good - overlooking the beach. Plenty of choice of breakfast foods and lots of attention from the staff both at the restaurant and by the pool. Eak and Nat were particularly helpful throughout our stay.

Many thanks to all the staff who helped when my husband fainted in the restaurant one evening - they were really concerned and had called an ambulance before I had even got across to reach him. However, just a faint (heatstroke probably) and no action required but I wanted to say how good and fast the staff were at looking after him.

The Fisherman's village is lovely and about a ten minute walk from the hotel (you can get there quicker walking along the beach but I struggled to walk in the sand and didn't want to wreck my shoes when going out at night). Lots of bars and restaurants to choose from and we particularly liked The Shack (wonderful scallop starter).

We made use of the hotel's free half day drive around the top of the island - a lovely complimentary way of seeing the interesting tourist points.

The bar in the hotel restaurant was open late because we were there when the world cup was on, but I think it normally closes at 11.00pm, however the mini bar in our room was very well stocked and very reasonably priced.

The room was kept spotless at all times and the turn-down service every evening was lovely.

We have been to Thailand three times to different places, but when we return it will be to the Bo Phut Resort & Spa definitely! Although children are welcome, I wouldn't recommend it because there isn't much for them to do, and because we were there as a couple, I welcomed the lack of children (only one or two throughout our fortnight and they were beautifully behaved).

It was my husband's birthday while we were there and they presented him with a birthday cake by the pool, then a birthday message spelt out in flowers on our bed when we returned to the room that afternoon. Lovely touch!

Room Tip: Garden villas are lovely and have a private terrace, although ours was mostly in the shade. No need...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband, myself and 16 year old son stayed for 8 nights at the end of our 3 week tour of Thailand. Its a lovely hotel and I'd agree with most of the other reviews, however Ive been holidaying in the Middle East for the last 10 years and the 'service' didn't quite live up to that.

1. Arrived at 10pm and the young man who checked us in had quite poor English which meant it took nearly 20 mins and thats not what you want after a 13 hr flight , when shown to our villa [plunge pool type] he didn't tell us where to have breakfast or how the pool jets/lights work.

2. The meal in 'Sala' Thai restaurant was very average and not up to the food Id been eating for the previous 2 weeks, it was incredibly hot and we had to request the overhead fan to be turned on twice before it was and our waitress was quite surly after that even though I had asked VERY politely.

3. The 'Ocean' for breakfast also got very hot and we had to keep shooing flies away, I feel in this type of heat, the restaurant should be air-conditioned.

4. The pool constantly had a line of scum at the water height on the tiles, which the pool guys were constantly cleaning off each day, however 2 of my bikinis which had white in the pattern, stained and has not come out fully in the wash, now a nasty cream colour!

On a positive note,the waiting staff in Ocean were particularly good and a special mention must go to Nat, who was just lovely. Also our room attendant was great and I loved our little chats.

Overall I would recommend others to book, but to be aware of the above comments.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was the last stop on our honeymoon, and was the perfect way to end our Thai experience. Checkin was a lovely experience and it just got better from there.

The hotel is wonderful with beautiful grounds and a really nice atmosphere. We had a Garden Villa with a huge bed, which the staff had decorated with flowers to say Happy Honeymoon - together with the 'Happy Honeymoon' cake this was a lovely touch! The villa was very private and had an enormous bathroom with twin sinks; the staff turn down the room twice a day and it is always spotless.

We can't say enough nice things about the staff; all of them, particularly Eak, were friendly and courteous and always there to help. Nothing was too much trouble, and it helped the holiday progress smoothly. There were always enough loungers and the staff were ready to help with putting up parasols, delivering drinks etc. We also got to try out the spa and had a heavenly massage!

In terms of food and drink, we ate in both restaurants at the hotel. Sala Thai was lovely as a dinner choice with some really delicious food, and L'Ocean was great for breakfast and lunch. The happy hour for cocktails was also very welcome! For a wider choice, Fishermans Village is a short walk away with all sorts of types of food and drink, which we very much enjoyed.

Whilst the hotel does have kids activities on, I would say this is more of a hotel for adults, which was exactly what we wanted from a honeymoon hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants a good mix of relaxation and things to do in beautiful surroundings!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Maspalomas, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We arrived in Ko Samui after a very long and stressful trips and the helpful receptionist showed us two rooms to choose from.

We choose 117 a villa oposite the lake at the top end of the complex. I would really and truly struggle to fault this hotel in the slightest. We started by booking one night but then changed this to two then tree. There was a slight stain on one of our net curtains which I was pleased about as this is the only fault I could find.

The aroma therapy thai massage in the spa was the best I have had. The staff bent over backwards to help.

It was my birthday whilst staying so without prompting (presumably from passport details) I was presented with a cake at breakfast and a beautiful happy birthday message in flowers on the bed.

Twice we asked for ice to go with the mini bar in the room which arrived within minutes.

We had a superb meal in the thia restaurant on our first night and despite being very late we weren't rushed and the service was relaxed and helpful.

One of the many best things about the hotel is the pool being so close to the beach you can see both from your sunlounger.

Also the well established planting makes every villa seem private and special also our bathroom was the same size as our bedroom and lounge area making it all seem very luxurious indeed.

All for around the £120 a night mark (we did deals) if it wasn't for wanting to see more of Thialand I would stay for a month.
I am sorry to people that rated this poor due to mosquitoes but I have managed to be bitten in other parts of the country too..

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

wow!, loved this resort, from the warm friendly check in, the service was impeccable. The rooms were lovely, we just had two inter-connecting deluxe rooms with a balcony but they were great, contemporary but still with a Thai feel, spacious, with double sinks bath and shower.

Bringing cold face towels and small plates of complimentary fruit round the pool during the day was a welcome little touch and gestures like this sets it above its competitors.
Breakfast was served with a lovely view of the beach. Plenty of choice including at least 7 or 8 different fresh juices. Pancakes, crepes and waffles as well as eggs cooked as you wait.....No soggy offerings in steel pots here! 4 till 6 happy hour was a highlight in the afternoon. The food in the Thai was of a very high standard and reasonably priced, as was lunch I loved the king prawn ceasar salad. You can walk to Fisherman's village in 10 mins, and there are a couple of beach shacks, just along the beach to try. There are a couple of local Thai sellers, who pull up on the shore in their long boats and sell their fresh fruit skewers etc ...really cheaply every day...loved it
All in all we would definitely stay here again if we returned to Samui. Thumbs up from my two teenagers as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bo Phut Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!