“Best dive center with excellent instructors...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 83 Activities in Bophut
5.0 of 5 stars 415 Reviews
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Divers is the premier 5-star PADI dive center in Koh Samui offering the highest quality of service for reasonable prices. We are one of the longest running dive shops on the island as having been in business for over 14 years and have the most experienced and respected full time dive staff in the Gulf of Thailand. Discovery is also one of the only diver centers who runs our own speedboats. We offer a full range of PADI courses from Bubblemaker, Discover Scuba diving and open water diver up to professional level divemaster training. We have full-time dive staff that speaks fluent English, German, French, Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Italian and Spanish. At Discovery Divers we are committed to fun and safety. We believe that the customers needs come first. This is why we have access to the widest selection of boats on the island including our own Discovery Divers speedboats and run numerous daily trips to all of the beautiful dives sites in the gulf of Thailand. We realize that it is YOUR vacation and usually can accommodate any request for courses or certified divers to go to the location you want to go on the day you want to go, with the type of boat (tour boat or speedboat)that you want to go on. We also offer photography services and rentals using top of the line Canon cameras and have console and wrist computers for use with courses or certified divers. This along with our stock of exceptional and modern dive equipment from Aqua Lung, Mares and Scubapro will make your dives safe, fun and worry free. Come by and see our dive shop, meet our staff, and see our onsite training pools, equipment room, washing area and classroom in front of the Amari Hotel in Chaweng Beach.
Baroda
“Best dive center with excellent instructors...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I booked our scuba diving with discovery divers after looking at reviews on tripadvisor. These was my first dive and I wanted to do with the best people. Now I feel that I really did it with best people. Right from Booking my dive till the end of dives, The experience as just amazing.. We had our own private instructor who was such a nice person. He explained everything in detail. His name is JOE. This was my best experience of Thailand Trip.
I highly recommend Discovery Divers. They are located in Amari Hotel.

Visited May 2013

3 attraction reviews
“Great set of people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Highly recommended team of divers who made the work of PADI dives pleasurable. Considering the sheer numbers of dive schools in the general area (Samui, Ko Tao, Phangan), there are not many (if any) spots that one can go to and have some decent dives without diver traffic but the fact that DDC have speedboats means you have the advantage of getting to the many sites earlier than most and being able to move around to different spots. Staff are super friendly! Would definitely consider these guys for my next certifications.

Visited January 2014
Bray, Ireland
13 attraction reviews
“Excellent, very professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Just back from Thailand and done my open water course with this company. There's no doubt in my mind I chose the right dive centre. A very professional set up with excellent instructors.They have their own speed boats so you get to the destination pretty quick.
Because of other plans I was trying to fit the course into my holiday and they were even able to accommodate me by allowing me to do part of the course first and doing the final part when I returned to Samui two weeks later, I really appreciated that. They don't over crowd the boat either, they'll only take out a certain amount of people so your comfortable on the boat. And then each instructor doesn't have too many people to look after so they can give you all the attention you need.
Met some nice people on the 2 days on the boat and had a great laugh with the instructors too. Because I had to split my course up, I had 3 different guides but didn't mind at all as all 3 were great. Nick the Thai guy trained me at the pool and was great. Then I done my first 2 dives with joe from France who was also very good and very helpful as I was nervous on my first dive. When I returned to do my final 2 dives my instructor was axel from Germany, he claims to be the best but I don't know if the others all agree with him or not ha ha!! But yeah once again very helpful and a great laugh too. And all the guides are fluent in English too and obviously other languages. Lunch was also delicious, which I was kind of surprised with.
I'd seriously doubt you'd find a better dive shop anywhere in Thailand, let alone Samui and as I'm a regular visitor to Thailand, now that I've finally become a diver, I'll definitely dive with this shop again.

Cape Town, South Africa
3 attraction reviews
“A great diving team ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a great diving experience with Axl and Steve, courtesy of one of Discovery Dive Centre's own speedboats. The team lets you relax and enjoy the sights while they take care of your gear - we hardly ever felt the weight of our cylinder before stepping into the water. Safe, professional and fun.

“high quality dive center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Speed boat,gears,food,drinks all very nice. It's the highest quality of diving experience that I ever been. Every people,staff,intructor are friendly and helpful. My friend was the first time try dive,our instructor taught her a lot and took care of her carefully. Diving trip with Discovery dive center was one of the best thing when we were in Koh Samui!

Visited December 2013
Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for the nice review Migo. The three of you were a blast to have on the boat and made it so much fun for everyone. Nice pictures also. Hope to see you again soon