“Fantastic dive operators” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 47 activities in Bophut
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Discovery Divers is the premier 5-star PADI dive center in Koh Samui offering the highest quality of service for reasonable prices. We are one of the longest running dive shops on the island as having been in business for over 14 years and have the most experienced and respected full time dive staff in the Gulf of Thailand. Discovery is also one of the only diver centers who runs our own speedboats. We offer a full range of PADI courses from Bubblemaker, Discover Scuba diving and open water diver up to professional level divemaster training. We have full-time dive staff that speaks fluent English, German, French, Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Italian and Spanish. At Discovery Divers we are committed to fun and safety. We believe that the customers needs come first. This is why we have access to the widest selection of boats on the island including our own Discovery Divers speedboats and run numerous daily trips to all of the beautiful dives sites in the gulf of Thailand. We realize that it is YOUR vacation and usually can accommodate any request for courses or certified divers to go to the location you want to go on the day you want to go, with the type of boat (tour boat or speedboat)that you want to go on. We also offer photography services and rentals using top of the line Canon cameras and have console and wrist computers for use with courses or certified divers. This along with our stock of exceptional and modern dive equipment from Aqua Lung, Mares and Scubapro will make your dives safe, fun and worry free. Come by and see our dive shop, meet our staff, and see our onsite training pools, equipment room, washing area and classroom in front of the Amari Hotel in Chaweng Beach.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Fantastic dive operators”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The team at discovery divers was fantastic. I know very basic swimming and was apprehensive about the dive. My instructor was nick. Who was amazingly patient about letting me take time to get accustomed to the dive conditions.
Great thing was that there multiple instructors and that they didn't club large number of people with one instructor which enabled personal time.
I would highly recommend them.

Visited March 2013
Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for the review. A lot of other dive companies ask us why we have more full-time instructors than anyone else. The reason is so we can offer personalized service and dive in very small groups to be able to give very strict attention to each diver. Thanks again for diving with us.

Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent experience, highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Open Water diving course was my 12yo son's birthday present with me along for the ride so he could have a 'buddy' to dive with. Unlike my son I turned out to be a very nervous customer as this took me right outside my comfort zone. Our instructor Claudio showed great patience in helping me to work through my fear of letting water flood my mask and later having to take it off completely underwater as part of our skills test and I ended up enjoying myself enormously, as did my son. My younger boy did the 'bubble maker' course and we found Axel to be wonderful with him, so much so that my son begged to repeat the experience the following day and was kindly accommodated by Eric despite the short notice. The only thing I did not enjoy was the cramped space on the boat (compared to boats I had been on in the past for snorkelling trips), but this was a very minor point that did not detract from the experience.

Tamara,

We're glad that you chose Discovery to do your open water course and that Claudio got you through your mask skills so you could relax and enjoy your dives. It is very important that we know you can complete your skills to be an open water diver before we sign you off. It is for your protection of course. As for the little bit of cramped space on your second day, I could not help but put Oscar back on the boat the next day with your husband as he had such a great time his first dive with Axel. We pride ourselves on having a very spacious boat, but unfortunately even though you only booked Oscar for the first day I found it hard to tell that cute face that he could not go again with his mother and brother. Axel had a great time too. We hope you get some time in your busy schedule to make it back to Samui and dive again with us.
san diego
“Great day diving at Sail Rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I did a day trip out to Sail Rock with Discovery Dive and it was far and away the highlight of our time in Koh Samui. We are still fairly new to diving, and the team took great care of us. They have a very fast boat which gets you out to the dive sites quickly (but be sure to use your sea sickness patches if you need them!). The gear was good, the food was good, and the diving was awesome. In particular, there was a sighting of a whale shark at Sail Rock that day, and our dive team worked hard to get us back in the water to try and get a glimpse. In the end we got lucky and the the shark came back and hung out with us underwater for several minutes. Unbelievable! (Not something you are guaranteed to see, though). I've dived in California, Hawaii, Indonesia and Thailand and the Discovery Dive experience was up there with the best.

Visited December 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Great time with a great dive shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I spent three days on Koh Tao dealing with the rather dysfunctional companies there. Therefore, it made diving with Discovery even more enjoyable. Eric, well Stoli, run a great operation. It is first class from the shop, to the boat, to the lunch and refreshments served on board and during the surface interval. My instructor, Nick, made a sincere and personal effort to converse with me and we discussed everything from travel to the different dive sites in the area. He is a very nice and considerate person. Eric goes out of his way to make sure everyone is having a safe and enjoyable time.
I cannot imagine why anyone would want to dive with any other company on Koh Samui.

Visited March 2013
Michael,

Stoli thanks you for the kid words and now is asking for a raise. We had a good time spending with you on your diving and I enjoyed discussing our mutual love for skiing also and finding out we used to ski at the same mountain. We realize that the there is more to the day than just the time underwater so we like to spend time with our guests the whole time we are with them. It makes the time fly by so easily even though it is a short boat ride. I'll try to catch up with you in Tahoe sometime and get some runs in and then see you back here for more diving
Mahopac, New York
5 attraction reviews
“The absolute best dive experience...anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We dove two days with Discovery and literally could not have asked for a better crew. The team is unbelievable- all well trained, knowledgeable, ridiculously accommodating and most of all fun to be around! We did two dives in Koh Tao and two at Sail Rock and had the best time. The boat even stopped on one day so one of the divers' husbands could get off to take the kids swimming on one of the islands while she dove. Claudio took us both days and he was amazing. I think any one of the staff would make for a memorable experience, but we really had a great time with our instructor. Eric, the owner is such a cool guy and so nice. We have already started making plans to come back and do some more diving with Discovery. Now we are spoiled- it will be hard to dive anywhere else!!

Doug and Christina,
Thanks again for coming diving with us. The whole crew had a blast with you guys. I'm glad you mentioned that we stopped off for the snorkelers and a lot of divers we have have non-divers with them and we do our best to accommodate them also on our trips so the whole family can have a good time with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again here, and hopefully see you before in Palm Beach. You understand of course as a Mets and Jets fan I cannot come visit Boston.