“Relaxing days” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chaba Cabana Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Chaba Cabana Beach Resort to your Saves list
Chaba Cabana Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   160 Moo 2 Chaweng Beach Road, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #30 of 53 hotels in Bophut
Marsascala, Malta
“Relaxing days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I spent 5 days with my husband, my baby boy (4mths at that time) and a friend in April 2013, and I must say I was well pleased with the stay here.
We stayed at the deluxe rooms, which are very nice cabana rooms located both sides of the 100m way from the main building to the beach, our cabanas were 5 steps away from nice swimming pool and the white sandy beach, with beautiful blue warm water.
The hotel is not a modern hotel, all the facilities are very good.
The restaurant and bar are right next to the beach with its amazing views.
Because of our little baby boy, we used both the bar and restaurant quite often and both services were good and staff very nice also.

• Stayed April 2013

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Whyalla, South Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My partner and I have just spent 8 nights here...it was great. It is about a 10 minute walk from the main drag of Chawang which is great when you don't want to be in the thick of it but still close enough to enjoy it. The rooms very good...The staff were always friendly and helpful. Many of the tourists (not from Australia) were rude and not friendly at all to the staff and but they take it well and to us (the over happy, friendly Aussies) they were excellent.

Room Tip: We had a ground level room, it was two king singles pushed together, had great AC and a fan...not to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My friend and I arrived in Koh in July for 6 days we were excited as we had ne'er been to the island before and were looking forward to a relaxing holiday on a "resort" weren't we wrong.
1. The air con in our room was set at 18 however it appeared to turn on and off and you often woke up sweating or got barely any sleep at all due to the humidity in the room.
2. The decor was outdated the frame over my bed was tilted to the left and slid off where I had to keep repositioning it to sit properly.
3. The mini fridge was very old and it took 5 hours for water to chill not to mention the complimentary water was not complimentary daily more when house keeping felt like it.
4. Rooms were outdated the bathroom water temperature was always changing there were cracks throughout the bathroom d mould near the sink n in the shower.
5. Staffing were rude we were never greeted, they barely spoke English when I approached them regarding late check out I was advised come back I returned daily for several days ten to be old know when I asked why I was ignored and the staff rolled there eyes continued talking to each other then as I spoke again they answered the phone and ignored me. We also request a different room due o the above concerns and were advised no without reasoning.
6. Breakfast don't waste your time it's disgusting !!!!! Staff left tables dirty, didn't refill bread or condiments and when we ordered eggs there was a shell in them and no apology just a smile no good enough this hotel is a joke.
7. Pool seating is ridiculous there was not enough decking around the pool if you were lucky to get a seat you were sitting on old rusted seating which is not resort style once again lies no pool side service god forbid ou wanted a drink as the customer service at the cafe was a joke the pool swim p bar was never open the staff at this hotel didn't seem to care.
8. Over the 6 days our room wasn't cleaned properly the bedding was gritty, no collection of rubbish, no clean towels, the sheets and pillows had stains on them and once again staff didn't care .
I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here or waste there money in my opinion this hotel needs demolished and all staff need to be fired with a new customer friendly staff team .

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed for 1 week in July 2013 at Chaba Cabana and truely enjoyed our stay here. It was very clean and the breakfast too was very nice. There was a problem with communication with staff at the reception, as they did not know much English and it got confusing to relate to them. Management would need someone at every shift who speak fluent English, specially since this language is known world wide.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Myself and a friend (both 21-25 years old) stayed here for 4 nights. Perfect location - right on the beach, close to restuarants, small walk to the main partying areas. Room was big enough for the two of us. They only give you 1 key per room, even after asking they denied us another. This made it hard for us as we did things seperately. You also need to place the key in the slot in order to have power in the room, so we had to come home to a warm room everytime as the aircon wouldn't stay on. Shower is apart of the rest of the bathroom with only a curtain so when showering water would fill the rest of the bathroom floor. The pool is nice but crowded. Lot's of kids here. You have to get up really early if you want to get a lounge by the pool. Although it has it's negatives, it was very cheap so we got our moneys worth.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We've been there 9 nights and it was excelent. The staff is very nice, the food is good, and they cleaned and change the bed every day. The room is big, and with everything u need in it. The location is good because it's a little far from the center-about 10 minuts walk so it's a very good hotel for quite
vication.

• Stayed March 2013
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have just returned spending 6 nights at Chaba Cabana Resort. We stayed in a Deluxe Villa which was spacious, clean, very quiet and had everything we needed. We were only a few steps from beach pool and restaurant.My only criticism is that the bed was very hard and I had quite a sore back by the time we left - massage by the pool helped sort that out though. I had a relaxing oil massage which was amazing. C Restaurant which was where we ate breakfast each morning was superbly situated right on the beach - what a way to start the day. Good range of options offered for breakfasts with plenty of fresh fruit. The main areas of the resort were tidy, but some of the other areas could do with a little attention. The main pool area was great, not huge, but adequate for the size of complex and I loved that it was right on the beach. Great beach for children - lagoon beach and not very deep. We enjoyed floating on our lilos (purchased from beach vendor) 10 - 15 min walk along beach to main area of Chaweng or you can take a taxi for 200 baht or hop on one of the little open vans that are constantly passing the gate for 50 baht. We would happily stay here again and think it is good value for money.
One thing I should mention is that I was very ill when we arrived and the staff were amazing. They kept checking that I was okay and let me know there was a doctor available should I need one. I found that very reassuring.
Also when we had no hot water the morning after we arrived but this was sorted within 10 minutes of letting the front desk know.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Chaba Cabana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!