Zazen is a real gem of a hotel with charm and intimacy. We arrived at Zazen unexpectedly having had a dismal experience renting a private villa (Villa Rose in the Tongsai Bay area). Having had Christmas and Boxing day ruined, we were determined not to let my husband's 60th birthday go to ruin as well. Fortunately for us, Zazen had a garden room available for two nights only. The room, at first appearances seemed a little small, a little dark,but within 5 minutes we discovered that the attention to detail was impeccable, the funishings expensive and aesthetically pleasing with tasteful objects d'art in the room. For the first time in any hotel i have stayed in there was a near professional hairdryer with a plug close to the mirror (how many hotels overlook this!); an extension lead with five sockets that work to any adaptor, broadband in the room, beautiful kimonos, torch, umbrella, a pillow menu, crisp linen - really everything anyone could possible desire.
THe bathroom too was everything one would expect complete with toothbrushes should one have left it at home. Crucially, we had a family next door to our room, and I didn't hear a sound due to the proper sound proofing of the rooms.
The spa was excellent - wonderful treatment, and the beach, whilst small, had the most comfortable sunloungers I've come across. We had ordered a London newspaper which didn't arrive until the afternoon, but the charming staff found us on the beach, newspaper in hand, and gave it to us, crisp as can be and put into a plastic cover for our convenience.
To my mind, the restaurant was the least successful, but this is a small criticism. THe ambience of the restaurant is wonderful, but the food, whilst very good, didn't sing in the way I have experienced in some restaurants abroad. However, having eaten my way around France, I think my expectations were possibly a little too high.
WHat I was impressed by was the discreet presence of management in the hotel, keeping a beady eye on everything so one feels completely in safe hands and that almost request would be met with charm and efficiency.
We left 24hours later with nerves restored and mood transformed, deeply sorry to leave,but relieved to know that it is there. To my mind it on a par with some of the top hotels I have st ayed in, including Claridges in London. As I said earlier, ZaZeb is a real gem and it management is to be congratulated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zazen is a stylish true Boutique Resort located on the beautiful Bophut Beach. Perfect for a relaxing holiday and a romantic honeymoon. Zazen offers 26 stylish villas, and 2 of the most popular restaurants on the island with traditional Thai cuisine and fine French / Mediterranean dining. Le Spa Zen will help you find the deepest levels of relaxation. Welcome to Zazen! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Splendia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zazen Boutique Resort And Spa
- Zazen Boutique Hotel Bophut
- Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut