“GREAT CHOICE FOR HONEYMOON” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa

You added Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   177 Moo 1, Bophut Beach | Koh Samui, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Announcement
Romantic Dinner at Zazen
Ranked #8 of 175 Hotels in Bophut
Zonguldak, Turkey
“GREAT CHOICE FOR HONEYMOON”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great choice for honeymoon: So quiet, clean and pure. If you don’t like crowd and noise this is just for you. Landscape of the hotel is breathtaking, room details are pleasurable, stuff is kind, it has a private beach and a lovely (small) swimming pool with a beautiful tree along with it. You are welcomed by Zazen stuff at the airport and a private car takes you to the hotel; refreshing towels and welcome drinks are waiting for you;)

We stayed in garden deluxe bungalow, just a few steps away from the beach. It has more privacy than beachfront deluxe bungalows. There was a bird nest just in front of our window, so cute! It has an open-air bathroom, at first I was nervous about it but no matter, you get used to. Just keep your door closed ‘cus there are so many lizards and mosquitos. By the way, rooms have fly-repellents but you should get extra with you. We used both and had no problem;)

The only disappointment about Zazen is the sea (not beach) It has a wonderful beach, you can spend hours but sea was muddy.. We didn’t like so we went to Chaweng beach, it’s really good. Except sea, eveything is perfect. Enjoy it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Claudio R, Resident Manager at Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First, the team and I would like to thank you for your great feedback and the lovely photos you shared on our tripadvisor page!

We were really glad to read we managed to make your honeymoon pleasant and enjoyable and we hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in a near future.

Sunny Regards,

Claudio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Hebrew first
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was a great resort with a welcoming feel. The staff were friendly, our room was inviting and the spa/food were excellent. There were only two (slight) issues that stopped me from giving this an excellent rating: 1. our air conditioner leaked constantly soaking our curtain and leaving a pool of water on our bedroom floor (the Zazen staff attempted to fix this twice but were unable to do so in the week we were there); 2. the outdoor bathroom was quaint but less than ideal during mosquito season (while the mosquito coil helped, some mosquito netting to seal off the gaps near the roof would have made for less adventurous bathroom visits). These were just little things, which didn't impact substantially on what was a really enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Daniel,

Greetings from Zazen!

Thank you for your nice feedback about our Resort! We are pleased to read you enjoyed your overall experience in Zazen despite the engineering issue you faced for which I would like to apologize again.

We look forward to welcoming you again in Samui!

Kind Regards,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

What a fantastic setting for a beach wedding! The attention to detail was wonderful and the staff were truly amazing! Zazen is a magical place and makes the perfect backdrop for your special day. I know my son and new daughter in law were delighted with everything. All the guests had the most fabulous time!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Eillen,

Thank you for your taking the time to give your feedback about our Resort! It is a pleasure to read that you spent a fabulous time with us. Rio and all the wedding team were very happy to organize this special day for you and your lovely family.

We would be glad to welcome you again in Zazen!

Best regards,

Stockholm
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is one of the worst experiences I have had traveling in Asia (which I have done for many years). The restaurant reheated my food, they quoted me a price for having the room half a day extra and when I went to the reception they said they had made a mistake and wanted to charge me another 1000 THB. The receptionist was making the argument that prices on Agoda was not "real" prices. It is suppose to be a great spa but I had a sport massage (2000 THB) and was very clear in explaining that I did not want thai massage and that I wanted a really strong massage. The girl had no idea about muscles or how not to use elbows and kept doing it despite me telling her. When they picked me up at the boat the driver did not offer to carry my bags even though I had to walk about 5 minutes (so strange). I had a really bad earinfection and they recomended a hospital that was not the most professional and did not even inform me that I would have a difficult time getting a taxi back to the hotel. When I was going to use the computer the women said: "if you are staying at the hotel" (like I would have come in from the street and found the computers). Another night the girl in the gift shop kept speaking on the phone and did not even bother asking if I needed some assistance. The open air bathrooms have lots of mosquitos and the door was tricky to close and the rooms are so close and someone is always outside. It is quite isolated, the beach has quite a few fishing boats. It is far to walk to Fisherman's village and very difficult to find taxis. I was on my way to stay at another hotel after arguing with the reception about changing the quoted priced and felt really miserabe due to my bad earinfection (was flying that night and really worried about my ear drums) then I asked to speak to the manager. He was really nice and great and he let me have the room for free the rest of the day, did not have to pay for the reheated dinner. I just think it is strange that the staff was so rude and I think the manager should fire the majority of the staff since many of them have such a bad attitude. I think the high recomendations is due to the fact that many of the people staying here are young couples in love and I'm sure they don't notice anything. I never had this experience before that the majority of the staff is rude at a hotel. It was a horrible experience especially since I was sick. Some of the staff at the bar were nice. I would never stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms are located really close to one another so I guess you have to ask for a room at the end o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Claudio R, Resident Manager at Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Sofia,

Warm greetings from Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa!

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experience with us.

It is always disappointing to read that our guest did not enjoy their stay with us and that we as a team could not live up to the expectations of our guests.

It was a pleasure talking with you during your stay about your spa, food and extended stay request experience, please rest assured that have shared your comments with the respective departments and have put measurements into place to improve our shortcomings.

However I am surprised about this review, the entire team did it’s best to accommodate your requests and to give assistance wherever they could, knowing you have been sick and not feeling well. Most of the reviews praise the friendliness and hospitality given by the team. This is the first time that I hear that our drivers are not being helpful; taxis and public transport are easily available on Samui especial at hospitals and if there is not taxi in front of the hospital exit, the hospital receptionist will call one, further more we have our own in-house transport which can be booked for any kind of trip. You have asked to be sent to the closes hospital, the receptionist suggested to you the closet Private International hospital. My apologies about the gift shop experience; additional training will be put in place for the attendants. Indeed our resort is at the quiet end of Bophut bay; with 15-20 minutes walking distance and 5 minutes by car from Fisherman’s village most guests considers this to be close. Again in-house transport is available to send guest to the Fisherman’s village and at the village itself are always a lot of taxis on standby. Part of the resort concept, our bungalows come with open bathroom, being on a tropical island we provide mosquito repelling incense and spry in all rooms, unfortunately you didn't tell us about the bathroom door during your stay, we could have had it taken care of immediately.

However we would hope that you still would consider our resort for any future visits and I would be happy to assist you personally with your bookings.

Best regards,

Guangzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Zazen was not my first choice but my sister insisted on it. She was right to stay here. I am a gardener at heart and the ground of this property is like a wet dream. The property is not big, but very well designed using all sorts of lush tropical plants and landscape architecture. I could spend all days just looking at the details and admiring the way it comes together.

We and our child stayed at the garden villa - spacious, well-designed, more zen-modern than traditional Thai. There are 2 issues I have with the room: one is that the AC was so cold but without AC it was too hot to sleep. The other is the semi-open bathroom had a mesh curtain covering the top half of the surrounding walls, which sometimes gaped open to allow bugs in.

There is only one pool at the property but it was fun enough for my child. The property also has a nice beach front. The 2nd day we were there, there was a wedding going on so the hotel offered us a free 4-hour around-the-island tour to visit all the major sightseeing places.

The property is located a short cab ride from Fisherman's Village (200 baht) but one can walk there along the sandy beach in about 30 minutes (unless you have a child like mine, then it takes a hour.) I am on the fence about its location - If it was closer to FV, it would be more convenient, but it would probably lose its magical quality. For magical, it was.

Room Tip: Garden Villa room for sure.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Claudio R, Resident Manager at Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Minnie,

Thank you for your nice feedback about your stay in Zazen!

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed the surroundings, the landscape architecture as well as our garden villa. It was a pleasure having you with us!

We hope to see you soon in Zazen!

Sunny Regards,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The staff here were extremely helpful. its a quiet resort, set in lush gardens right on the beach - more suitable for couples than families, great for a romantic break. Food is great - wine choice good but expensive.

Room Tip: A villa on the beach is well worth it! Villa one is nearest the pool but more people walk past this...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about your stay with us!

We are happy to see that you enjoyed your overall stay in Zazen and we will be happy to welcome you a second time!

Sunny regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at Zazen back in 2010 for our honeymoon in May - amazing resort on the beach, great spa, great food (the best breakfast ever & very exquisite restaurant for dinner). The rooms are very cosy, romantic, big and very clean and nicely decorated. Pool area and the gardens are amazing. One issue only with the air conditioning is directed to the bed, which is quite unpleasant and unhealthy when is very hot and high humidity. Besides this, a truly great experience and would love to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudio R, Resident Manager at Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Andreia,

It is a pleasure to discover your comment about Zazen! Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback.

We were thrilled to welcome you for your honeymoon and we hope to see you again in Zazen to taste our new buffet breakfast!

Sunny regards,

Claudio

Been to Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!