Ditto to all other glowing reviews, we loved our 2 nights in here at the start of our Koh Samui holiday, our 1st time to Koh Samui too and loved loved it. We arrived at midday and room was ready, we just had the garden deluxe room, it was perfect, we hardly spent any time in there anyway. Took a bit of getting used to the open air bathroom, especially as our 'neighbours' could hear us (and vice versa), probably the only thing we weren't fussed about. The staff were fantastic, the restaurant is superb, we ate dinner here one night & couldn't fault it. Breakfast is great, you order from menu. Loved the pool and the big daybeds around it, we were lucky enough to be there at what seemed a quiet time, we had pool pretty much to ourselves. Yes the ocean looks great until you wade in and sludgy bottom, couldn't get out quick enough! we were there for a Monday night and got invited to Managers Cocktails for 1hr, it was lovely and nice way to meet other guests, who come from all over the world, in fact we were only Aussies we met there! Complimentary fruit skewers & juices around the pool are a lovely touch.
My husband had 90 min massage and I enjoyed a 90 min Pedicure on day of arrival (I prebooked before we left), both outstanding, yes pricey but every massage my husband had after this for a fraction of the price he would say 'oh Zazen was better'! The Spa is just lovely.
There isn't much nearby, you do need to walk/taxi to Fishermans Village, we went early morning (and very hot) and it was dead, hardly any shops open, went back that night for dinner - and smart enough to catch taxi this time (make sure you barter) - and it was all happening then. Probably wasn't a big fan of Bophut but loved Zazen & will definitely return for few nights at least. We moved to South Chaweng after 2 nights here but could have had one more day we decided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zazen is a stylish true Boutique Resort located on the beautiful Bophut Beach. Perfect for a relaxing holiday and a romantic honeymoon. Zazen offers 26 stylish villas, and 2 of the most popular restaurants on the island with traditional Thai cuisine and fine French / Mediterranean dining. Le Spa Zen will help you find the deepest levels of relaxation. Welcome to Zazen! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zazen Boutique Hotel Bophut
- Zazen Boutique Resort And Spa
- Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut