“What a special place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Six Senses Samui

You added Six Senses Samui to your Saves list
Six Senses Samui
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9/10 Moo 5, Baan Plai Laem, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #25 of 175 Hotels in Bophut
New York, New York, United States
“What a special place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My mom and I both feel so lucky to have met the Six Senses team (especially David and May) and to have had this experience. It was very unique and truly incredible- something that I would recommend everyone to experience if they have the chance!

If you are looking for your typical luxurious resort- then this isn't the place for you but if you are looking for something authentic and special- you must stay at Six Senses! You feel like you are sleeping in your very own private tree house (most of the walls are floor to ceiling windows). I have been fortunate enough to travel to many places around the world and have stayed at some of the nicest resorts (including The Four Seasons in Koh Samui) and this is by far the nicest pool area/view that I have ever seen. The spa was wonderful- definitely take advantage of it while you're there and I also need to note that the breakfast buffet is the best I've seen and tasted to date (in fact all of the meals were incredible)! Feel free to message me with any questions...

Room Tip: If you're able to splurge for the ocean view - it is well worth it!
Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SixSensesSamui, General Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Alexandra W,
Thank you for your feedback on a recent visit to Six Senses Samui, we are very pleased that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the authentic ambiance of your pool villa, including the service, food and large breakfast buffet each morning. I hope that you can visit us again and if there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
Sincerely ,
David Ashworth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This was a mom & son hols, a surprise really...we'd already done our annual Bali trip and this was unplanned and last minute... Six Senses touches all the senses and more, it excels and the staff make that happen, nothing is too much trouble, kind, courteous and welcoming. My son is a global traveller for both work and pleasure and adores Thailand, through him I have fallen for the country, its diversity, and its people are the kindest and most generous i have had the honour of meeting. Six Senses was a first for us and what it offers is an exemplar to all... The environment is considered, the local population are appreciated moreover what is offered is high standard at all times. I cannot fault it... We were upgraded to the Presidential Villa, an Ab Fab group of strikingly authentic villas with the very best amenities, watching the sun set with a glass of Bubbly in an outside stone bath is the ultimate joy for me... Six Senses offers the traveller all they desire and I mean desire... I thank my son for this fantastic experience and I have to thank all the staff who made our holiday absolutely outstanding.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Lili S,
Thank you for your feedback on a recent visit to Six Senses Samui, we are very pleased that you enjoyed the tentative service and special ambiance of your villa including the unique surroundings. I hope that you can visit us again and if there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We spent 5 days in a pool villa with an ocean view.Although it was not a beach front villa we enjoyed a very nice ocean view,in a specious villa,with a huge bath tub and nice amenities.
This is a very upscale secluded resort,so you will not find vendors on the beach.The infinity pool is amazing,offering stunning views. Dinning on the Rock is a must! You will enjoy an amazing view and an excellent set menu.The staff was very friendly,and especially our private butler called Ink.She greeted us upon arrival,and has provided us with excellent and personal service throughout our stay .She was always accessible and gave us tips for activities out side the resort,such as booking a private long boat tour and sunset dinner at the "Five Island " restaurant, renting a motorbike and planing a day trip around the Island,etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sarmufmaf,
Thank you for your recent feedback on a visit to Six Senses Samui, we are very pleased that we exceeded your expectation and that you enjoyed the size of the villas, lovely views and private infinity pool and general ambiance of the resort, I have also passed on your remarks regarding the food at Dining on the Rocks to our chef. Khun Ink your butler is also very happy that she could make your holiday just that more special.
Sincerely
Boca Raton, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was one of the best hotels in Thailand. The private pool in our room and the outside shower was beautiful. The room was beautiful. The service was great. The beach is quiet and so pretty. The only down side was that to do anything in town you have to take a taxi.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that I saw were great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Simchafirestone,
Thank you for your feedback on a recent stay at Six Senses Samui, we are very pleased to see that you enjoyed the ambiance of your villa especially your private infinity pool, outdoor shower,and tranquil beach area , I have also passed on your remarks to all my team with regards to the service.
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is a very nice place but primarily because of the people who work there. After bad experience we had at Intercontinental Samui, this was a paradise. You feel welcome from the begining and evrybody wants to make you feel good. They assigned us a butler, a lady called Fae. She is superb and sincerely caring. I think she did more than was required of her like check us in for the flight adn giving us lot of useful advice on Samui. I also want to mention Ivan, their head of food and beverages. Each morning he greets people at the breakfast, chats with people in a very nice and frendly manner, getting their feedback. So on customer side, it is a great place. Locationwise, it is about 10-15 mins by car/motorbike from a "village" where there are good restaurants and some shops. it is also relatively close to the airport. On a less exciting side is the beach which is very small but this is compensated by a huge pool and also pools that some villas have (we had one.) I personally did not like the style of the rooms as I prefer more modern style but that a matter of taste.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Michael G
Thank you for your comments on a recent holiday at Six Senses Samui, we are very pleased that you enjoyed the ambiance of the resort, especially the services of Khun Fai your butler, I have also shared your feedback with rest of my team especially Ivan the food and beverage manager. We have also noted your remarks concerning the size of the beach, unfortunately Samui does not have many large beaches, most tend to occupy small coves along the cost line.
I hope that you will visit us again and if there is anything i can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
Sincerely
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

2 fabulous weeks in this beautiful resort. Amazing sea view villa lost In rocks and nature. People are sweet and professional. Breakfast is perfect. Swimming pool with the view is incredible. We loved to Be In this hotel. Complementary cocktail In sunset is so a good Idea. Kids loved the beach, small but cosy and service exceptionnal. For my part i adore all the fresh fruits waiting for me In the villa everyday. So great hollidays.The manager David is so Nice, and available . Six Senses samui and the Dream Come true.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear VANESSAAZ
Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback on a recent visit to Six Senses Samui, we are very pleased to see that we exceeded your expectation, I will certainly share your comments on the food, service and ambiance with all my team. I hope you can visit us again and if there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay at a Six Senses Resort, please feel free to reach me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were here on our honeymoon. We had pushed the boat out for the last week of our honeymoon and went for the 5+star resort over the 5star. Unfortunately by the time we got to Koh Samui the Six Senses had been downgraded to 5star.
The location is stunning but very secluded. So secluded that you are trapped to buy everything from the resort. Unfortunately everything costs 3 times more than it would in the shops. Being our honeymoon we were happy to pay this but its something you should be aware of. Beers are £5 a bottle but there is a happy hour 3-5pm at a beach bar. Wine is unfortunately very expensive at £45 a bottle but apparently this is true across all of thailand.
The room we had in our hideaway villa was beautiful.
As usual in Thailand the service staff were great.
We ate at Dining on the Rocks on our last night which was truely amazing-a real dining experience! Highly recommended and actually good value for what we had.
Unfortunately on the second last night of our stay I fell through the decking outside our villa. It was rotten and I fell straight through it getting stuck at my knee joint. Since returning home my knee has got worse and I am due to have a scan tomorrow on the infected blood clot I now have. The staff were excellent dealing with it but it put a huge dampner on what was an excellent two weeks. Not to mention I have been on antibiotics for a week and can't do any exercise until after it heals properly.
To be honest I would return to eat at Dining on the Rocks but I wouldn't stay here again

Room Tip: dont bother with the upgrade to the pool side villa as the main villa is superb. The ocean view one...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SixSensesSamui, General Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Rosseaglesham,
Thank you for your candid feedback on a recent visit to Six Senses Samui, I have shared your positive remarks with all my team, we are very happy that you enjoyed the ambiance of the resort, the good food and service. I do apologize for the incident which happened towards the end of your stay that left you with a negative feeling on what was a good stay up till this point.
I hope this experience will not deter you from trying another six senses holiday at one of our many locations. Please feel free to reach me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com should you wish to discuss any further details.
David Ashworth

Been to Six Senses Samui? Share your experiences!