What a marvellous resort. From the location with its private and secluded beach, to the understated and excellent service of all the staff you will find it difficult to find fault with this hotel. We stayed in a cottage suite with amazing views over the bay. My daughter and her boyfriend had a similar suite and were blown away with the seclusion and facilities on their balcony. Each suite has air conditioning with private controls (not centrally controlled). The rooms are serviced twice a day and the little touches like fresh fruit, cookie jar, fresh milk, chilled water and filled ice bucket made it special. The balcony was huge with a bath, two sunbeds and ceiling fan - and importantly - total seclusion.
The pools are beautiful, particularly the half moon pool which is for adults only. There was never a shortage of beds despite the hotel being full. The pool staff were great and would sort your towels for you throughout the day. Cold face towels and fresh fruit were delivered to our sunbeds during the day. Chilled drinking water was provided to every guest around the pool and frequently refreshed. The washrooms at the pool and beach bar were kept immaculate. I treated myself to a couple of Spa treatments - one at the Spa itself - which was a fabulous experience - and the other a Thai massage, on a day bed at the beach.
Dining options at the hotel are good. Chef Chom's restaurant is where breakfast is served. I can honestly say that breakfast at this hotel is one of the best I have experienced in my varied travels around the world. Everything is cooked freshly to order. From fresh fruit smoothies, to sushi, noodles, eggs, bacon, salad, freshly made pastries and my favourite, tea served with boiling water (instead of the usual hotel offering of lukewarm water), it was amazing. Lunch options (if you need lunch after such a great breakfast) were good. Lunch was served at the Beach Bar/Bistro. The selection on offer and the quality of food were very good as was the service. We had dinner a couple of times at the hotel and were never disappointed. The Thai buffet was particularly good with staff on hand to help you decide on the options. For those that are concerned about the cost of hotel dining, yes, you will find it cheaper outside of the hotel, but you get what you pay for. Our dining experiences outside of the hotel did not match the quality and service of the Tongsai Bay.
What makes this hotel unique is the management team and the amazing staff who are there to make your holiday as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The GM, Leisa, and the hotel manager, Mark, are two of the most friendly people you can meet. They take the time to speak personally to all the guests and show a pride in the service their staff offers to each guest.
To all the team at Tongsai Bay - thank you for helping to make this holiday amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tongsai Bay Cottages & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- Tongsai Bay Cottages & Hotel Ko Samui/Bophut