Stayed 5D/4N ex HK, 2 adults + a 10mth old baby, very smooth passage into and out of Koh Samui - great efficient airport run by Bangkok Air.
Upgraded from a Beachfront suite to a Double cottage suite - a so called two level suite which is really a few steps connecting the lounge room to the bedroom/bathroom areas. Not a 'WOW' accomodation by any means, but a comfy bed, + most creature comforts catered to. An electric mosquito scent burner provided - bring mozzie spray also for walking outside after 4pm.
Golf cart buggies to take you everywhere around the resort - as long as we had our kid in a gorilla grip these were safe.
It's been said here before - hospitality and service are key reasons why you would choose this hotel over others. Very impressed by how hard working the staff are here - you will see the same restaurant staff running around at 7am and also working the night shift in the restaurant.
-A large portable travel cot provided, no baby bottle steriliser but they can sterilise and prepare baby bottles + an ample of supply of highchairs at their restaurants
-The staff loved to try to interact and play with our kid (as in other parts of the island)
-The breakfast soup noodles at the the buffet are outstanding. Very good 'western' grill on offer also (eggs/sausages/pancake grill) + a very good selection of fresh fruits & juices at the buffet
-Thursday night Thai buffet with a good spread of Thailand's greatest hits & grilled seafood
-Main pool is large, lots of stoney ledges to accidently hurt yourself on though. Didn't try the 1/2 moon pool for adults
-Their in-house Spa was OK - without being great. There are definetly be other spas to choose (eg Tamarind springs/Let's Relax) on the island
-Tongsai Bay also offers an in-house taxi service (small cars - 4WD). 400 Baht one-way will get you to most tourist destinations
Would recommend that you visit the market @ Fisherman's village in Bophut if you stay on a Friday. One of the highlights of the trip
A very enjoyable stay and would recommend for parents of young children/couples - also saw lots of young couples/newlyweds/emptynesters so clearly something for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tongsai Bay Cottages & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- Tongsai Bay Cottages & Hotel Ko Samui/Bophut