Just come back from 7 nights at the Tongsai Bay resort in Koh Samui and wanted to let everyone know how truly great it was! The whole experience was top notch, with really good food, great rooms and some of the nicest and most attentive staff I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. They seemed to know what I wanted before I even asked for it!
The best aspect of the place for me was the stunning location. Its private beach, framed by beautiful rocky outcrops, made me feel like I was in a 007 movie.....couldn’t have been any more beautiful and serine. This, along with the fact that the whole 25 acre site is more like a mature jungle teaming with birds and butterflies, makes it feel very special indeed. Their emphasis on conservation and nature was impressive and it felt more like a secret island hideaway, rather than a 5* resort on a rather touristy island.
And when they say private beach, they really mean it. It’s totally inaccessible from the coast and can only be reached by foot from the resort it’s self (or boat). This means no hawkers and no beach dogs.....both things that plague all other beaches on the island. Also, there are no motorised watersports on the beach, so no dreaded jet skis, and if they do come screaming around the bay, a staff member will go out to shoo them away.
The food was the other highlight of my stay. The main restaurant served excellent and authentic Thai food which is probably some of the best I’ve ever had in the 15 years I’ve been visiting Thailand. Not only did it serve fresh seafood every day, but it also had a very authentic selection of regional southern specialities that were amazing.
I had a look around Bo Phut, where there’s a load of supposed “boutique” hotels, and to be blunt, they seemed to be just over priced small places with little in the way of space and facilities, and only access to a very uninspiring beach. Tongsai on the other hand, is spacious, quiet and a world away from these over hyped “boutique” places which by definition are supposed to be specializes and elite, but I find small, formulaic and way over priced for what they offer.
To sum up.............Tongsai is a real gem of a place which I will defiantly revisit.....thanks Tongsai for a really special time.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- Tongsai Bay
- Tongsai Bay Cottages & Hotel Koh Samui/Bophut
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Tongsai Bay Cottages & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.