My husband, six year old daughter, and I spent four nights here before moving to the Four Seasons for our last three nights. When we return to Koh Samui, we will spend our full vacation at the Tongsai Bay.
I believe the value, friendliness of the staff and other guests, quality of the food and overall value have really got to be the best on the island. We stayed in room 302 for our first 3 nights and enjoyed the outdoor shower and split level design, but did not linger in the room. The views from room 209, where we spent our last night, are really great and this room was light and airy.
The beach is not sandy to the disappointment of our daughter but delight of my husband. We did notice it to have much bigger waves and we were unable to to swim in the water where elsewhere on the island the water was much calmer, but we did love hearing the ocean sounds throughout the property and from the room.
I would pay for the grand villas with pools in retrospect and believe the pad thai there is some of the best I have ever had. As others have mentioned, the breakfasts are fantastic and included in the room rate. Others have said they felt the food was not a good value, but I believe this hotel provides excellent quality and value, especially for the price.
If I had one suggestion it would be to have more activites or a kids club to give the children something to look forward to. The Four Seasons has this and our daughter loved the activities and meeting other children...and it gave us time to enjoy the spa and pool.
The hotel also provided sound guidance on tours and very reasonable and excellent services to transport us anywhere we wanted to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Tongsai Bay Cottages & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- Tongsai Bay Cottages & Hotel Ko Samui/Bophut