“A Little Gem” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 163 Reviews
Cuisines: Thai, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Set in the heart of Bophut's ' Fisherman's village ', this small and intimate venue offer a varity of both Thai and European cuisine. Enjoy a romantic evening on our suspended deck only meters from the waters edge, or watch the world pass by on our street side seating. Our small and unique menu is designed to cater for all tastes with a perfect balance of Thai and European flavours.
Winchcombe, United Kingdom
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We visited this restaurant twice. The food is fresh, reasonably priced and the Thai dishes so delicious. Have to agree with a previous reviewer re the Vietnamese spring rolls and my daughter decided the chocolate mousse was the best ever. The owner, Torben gave excellent service and runs a professional, yet friendly establishment.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Finnish first
Vancouver, Canada
“We ate almost every meal here:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

You will not be disappointed! It took a couple of days to find this restaurant after trying many others along the beach. It was recommended to us by a local and we were so grateful! If you are looking for a well priced (a lot of the restaurants along the beach offer packages, drink inc but we did not find it valuable by Thai standards), and the food was excellent! It is home style Thai cooking as well as a bit of 'Torbin' flare.

Torbin the owner, has found his "Nirvana" in Thailand after owing restaurants and bars in other parts of the world. A very cool guy with a great sense of humor and a wealth of knowledge of the area. We ate pretty much every lunch and dinner here and got to know him and his girlfriend Anna. (I really hope I remembered that right..she is so nice). Just at opening, he would come in with fresh ingredients and seafood, then serve our meals as we picked his brain for info. We would be there at opening knowing it was a bit quieter.

The views are awesome, not a ton tables so it is intimate and romantic. I loved the feeling of wholesome home cooking, the open kitchen is in the middle so you can see how things are done (I am in awe at the amount of ingredients preparation are involved in these delicious meals)! Things did not feel 'mass produced' as I felt with our other dining experiences. Oh...and the wine pours were the best we found. Some places seemed to be a bit chintzy.

We found our perfect place as my husband does not care for anything spicy-at all, and I love 'sweat while you eat' spicy. We were both happy, the kitchen was very accommodating. The wifi was fast and I enjoyed hanging out for a while (wine in hand) while my husband napped during the day. :)

Enjoy, this is a great place! Can't wait to return:) Thanks for everything Torbin!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic (for me anyways!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Lovely little restaurant with tables right on the beach, makes for a very romantic evening.

Service was good as were the prices.

I opted for the Vietnamese spring rolls followed by the nirvana steak.... OMG best food I've had on samui yet! The sauce was heavenly, as was the mashed pumpkin, coconut and cinnamon puree that came with the spiral potatoes. My dessert; deep fried ice cream was delicious and everything was so well presented.

Unfortunately the only thing stopping us giving this 5 stars was my other half's meal... He had chicken wings followed by ribs. Whilst seasoned well with lovely flavours, there was very little meat on the bone in each dish. His dessert of chocolate mousse was again just ok.

All in all we would definitely return, with him opting for other dishes next time!!

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Nice small restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had dinner here once while visiting the Fisherman village on a crowded Friday evening. The small restaurant is charming, right on the beach. The owner is very friendly. The food was good. Prices were within the standards of the village.

“Best food in koh Samui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

One of the most amazing restaurants I've ever visited. The owner was very friendly, you could see your food being cooked from an open kitchen and the view was just fabulous. A must for anyone travelling to koh Samui. The Green curry and deep fried ice cream are a must!