Recommended by a colleague for peaceful, tranquil and restful place to stay and it met those objectives 100% there is very little that I would say that is negative and will touch briefly at the end of this review on 'things that could be done better' rather than negatives.
Lovely lush tropical gardens tended daily by a number of gardeners, very clean, lovely pool toilets ! Loved the bean bags round the pool & the seating by the bar looking out over the bay to sip a drink before returning to room for a shower after a day on the beach. Did go to the gym twice, lovely aircon, clean and with great equip, x trainers, treadmill and bikes with some weights if you felt inclined. If you wanted to learn to cook, school on site and looked fab,. The last couple of days they started restaurant upgrade, but it was not an issue at all.
Big big plus for the Peace Resort for us was the restaurant. Now we are foodies and usually find not only your hotel restaurant is expensive but also often mediocre. Well not in the case of the Sea Wrap Restaurant ( hotel restaurant). it was not the cheapest but very reasonable and we had the Very very BEST Red curry which was crab and papaya curry with coconut at this restaurant. We were at the Peace Resort for 16 nights, going to Koh Tao for 2 nights in the middle, eating at cheap (the Hut) , middle range & posh ie the Zazen and Oceans 11 amongst others but the best curry & overall meal was at the Hotel restaurant Sea Wrap. Now I have never said this before about a hotel I have stayed in so there you go ! a first !!! We also had the Thai night Buffet on the beach and it was fab, they spent all afternoon arranging the furniture and stage and the buffet for around 40-50 people was great, delicious and just very very very good. Excellent even. All staff very friendly, restaurant and reception and the bar etc.... do struggle as very limited English in understanding but smilling and helpful all the way.
Beach is lovely, people say it is not a great beach but I thought it was lovely and not spoilt, quiet with no music blasting out all day. Just us and the birds, the sea & the wind through the tropical plants etc... birdies are characters pinching your food from your plates on beach. Loved the husband and wife team with kayaks preparing fresh fruit platters on the beach & cooking corn on the cob, spring rolls, prawns & satay on little barbecues ont he back of the kayaks. Saved me around 7lb in weight eating fruit each lunchtime.
So, I come to the things they can improve in etc....
1. A bit more basic English/german to help them communicate
2. Sunbeds in long line, very close to each other, needed to be a bit apart for a bit more privacy
3. Parasols were pretty old, wood gone and dirty looking - need up grading
4. WI FI - the poor reception staff, everyone complaining it should be FOC, so it should be as not only did I spend 1300 Thai B on it you had to make sure you had logged out correctly to ensure the clock was not still ticking etc.... they said they have told the management but the management are not listening to the staff or the customers ???? shame as it is a simple simple thing to fix and everyone will smile more
5. Loved the bungalows, but they are quite small, not a lot of space for your stuff etc.. but not a problem, A bit like being in goldfish bowl, having to keep curtains shut etc.... therefore making it dark all the time etc.... we were in room 132
Outside the hotel control - the sea water in week one - 10 days in was very muddy and looked very slimey in the afternoons,. The mud is fromt he bottom as you can feel in beneath your feet. Not nice really. Not sure how clean the sea was. May be being paranoid. Outside Hotels control and would be interested in other TA reviewers comments on this one.
These are only little things, overall we loved the PEACE OF THE PEACE RESORT & the building and it traditional look, the laid back feeling of being there, & would recommend to anyone wanting a peaceful an relaxing holiday.