“Not as good as I had hoped for” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 83 Activities in Bophut
4.5 of 5 stars 38 Reviews
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Koh Samui Easy Divers! Our dive school is well established here on Koh Samui – founded in 1987 and run by an international management. We are a PADI-Five Star IDC-Centre, which means that you can do almost every PADI Dive Course – from Discover Scuba Diving all the way up to the Instructor Development Course, we’ve got it all in our program!
Snohomish, Washington
10 attraction reviews
“Not as good as I had hoped for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

The sail rock dive was disappointing. Way too crowded with the divers practically on top of one another. Food, service and equipment were all okay to pretty good.

Visited November 2011

Amphoe Koh Sa-mui, Surat Thani, Thailand
“Europeische service fuer asiatische preise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Also ich war auf samui 11 Tagen und ich habe noch nie in meinem Leben getaucht. Und ich habe mich entschieden dass ich muss dieses mal da unbediengt machen. Es gibt viele DiveCentrum hier, aber ich habe ausgewaehlt ein Divecentrum EasyDivers mit europeischen management. Ich war DSD und alles war superschon, ich bin gans zufrieden mit sie. Und vielleicht nextes mal als ich nach Samui komme ich mache Open Water kurs mit Easy Divers.

Visited November 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
13 attraction reviews
“Could have been better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We signed up for a two-day diving trip but after the first day, we cancelled. Our diving instructor Jo (Joanne) was not very patient with me, making the diving somewhat stressful. During the first dive, I came up to the surface through no fault of my own (I was more buoyant as the air in my tank emptied). She was very angry with me, even though I remained calm at the surface. During the second dive I indicated to her that I was coming close to 50 bars and when we surfaced, she made it very clear to me that the other divers in my group had suffered because of me and had to cut their dives short.
This sort of attitude is uncalled for - especially in a dive instructor in whom one puts faith. A dive instructor is supposed to make you feel comfortable and not insecure.
We cancelled the second day of diving.
The diving company was very good - well organised with the pick up, meals and drop off. I would say that the dive site (Sail Rock) was not particularly special - I have been diving in Bali and Sail Rock did not compare at all.

Visited July 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I decided to dive with Easy Divers Choeng Mon during my holiday on Koh Samui. I’m very happy that I choose that dive operation which was recommended to me by a friend of mine. It was perfect choice for me especially that I’m not a very experience diver. I was a bit worried in the beginning especially as I had already some bad experience in the past with one dive center. I was very happy when I realized that the dive groups are very small and I can feel more comfortable underwater. I had in my group 3 other divers so I could feel like almost under personal care. Everyone on the boat was really nice, smiley and helpful. Food was excellent- buffet style- Thai and European food. The dive briefing was very professional and I could refresh my knowledge a bit and feel more confident after 1.5 year of inactivity. Our Divemaster prepared the equipment for us and then we were ready for diving :) I felt very safe underwater and the Divemaster tried to show us all the best spots and looked for the special sea life to show us what was very good as I brought my camera with me to catch some nice shoots. I had a nice, relax dive and gain my confidence back which I’m very happy about it. I would like to dive with Easy Divers on my next holiday and will definitely recommend it to my friends.

Visited June 2011