My husband and I recently spent 6 nights at the Mantra and had a mixed experience. On the positives - wonderful view from the room (we had a Wow room), the pool and restaurant. The room was nice and the king sized bed one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The bathroom was a wet room and well laid out. They had an espresso machine but no real milk just creamer powder (I got room service to deliver the real stuff), good sized flat screen TV and the free calls home were a fantastic addition. The service was excellent and the food at the restaurant wonderful. On the downside it's on a hill...a steep, steep hill which ok they do buggy you from the lobby to your room but to go to the pool and restaurant was kind of in the middle so there were stairs, lots and lots of stairs which by day 4 sucked. Also don't rely on the WiFi, it's hit and miss. They had a power surge at one point and both of our Apple chargers were in the wall and were fried. It also killed the rooms WiFi and although they sent someone to fix it we had no WiFi through the TV from that point on. There is only one restaurant so if the hotel is busy you have to book to get a table otherwise it's room service which we actually preferred. Don't count on getting a lounger by the pool there's no chance. They really can't do anything about this due to space but your more likely to have to dump your stuff on the ground then get a seat by the pool. Oh and take your insect repellant, the mossies will eat you alive at night. Overall, a mixed bag, not quite a five star experience but still pretty good in parts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mantra Samui Boutique Resort***** is located 10 minutes from Bophut Beach with our complimentary shuttle service (provided multiple times a day)or with a scooter or a car. Enjoy our amazing range of Facilities that include: Squash Courts, Himalayan Salt Yoga Studio, Steam Room and Sauna, Fully Equipped Fitness Center, Two Restaurants, Swim Up Bar, a Cinema, a Kids Club and a Game Room. An amazing Sea View can be enjoyed from all of the WOW, LOVE, COZY and GRAND rooms.Most importantly The Five Star Mantra has the friendliest and most professional staff on the island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut