My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks in February 2013. This place was simply lovely.
We arrived quite late in the evening but check in was a breeze. Our room was at the very top so you definitely needed a golf cart to whisk you up there - but there always seemed plenty of these around so it never felt like an inconvenience.
Our room was large, had a great sea view and really comfortable. Bed was large and comfy and the room was equipped with all mod cons. The TV/PC system was fantastic. The library of films and shows was extensive. We also really appreciated the free Wifi.
Breakfasts were fabulous! So much choice on offer, I'm not surprised that I gained weight on this trip. Lots of fruit, cereals, breads, pastries as well as different cooked breakfast options. Definitely a highlight.
The pool area was beautiful. Although the sun loungers were really funky, some had seen better days and there just wasn't enough room for everyone. We were lucky to get beds every day but we are early risers so we didn't struggle. However late sleepers did struggle and we did see a couple of heated exchanges between people about bed hogging.
The bar was great. The cocktails were delicious - my favourite being the porn star martini which was just the best!
We only ate at the hotel a couple of times. Food was good but we preferred venturing out and trying new things. Shuttle buses to Fisherman's Village and Chaweng Beach were very convenient.
All in all this was one of the best value for money trips I have ever taken. The hotel had a cool, laid back boutique vibe which we really liked. What really made it special was the staff who were attentive to your needs and really made you feel welcomed. I would definitely come back!!
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Koh Samui/Bophut
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mantra Samui Boutique Resort***** is located 10 minutes from Bophut Beach with our complimentary shuttle service (provided multiple times a day)or with a scooter or a car. Enjoy our amazing range of Facilities that include: Squash Courts, Himalayan Salt Yoga Studio, Steam Room and Sauna, Fully Equipped Fitness Center, Two Restaurants, Swim Up Bar, a Cinema, a Kids Club and a Game Room. An amazing Sea View can be enjoyed from all of the WOW, LOVE, COZY and GRAND rooms.Most importantly The Five Star Mantra has the friendliest and most professional staff on the island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Splendia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.