This hotel as stated in my title which is extremely nice, lovely, clean but impractical which render me having to give them 2 of 5 points.
Booked 1x Grand Room which consists of 2 rooms with a connecting door and a cozy room in Aug 2013.
Since you have seen all the good reviews by others hence, i will not touch any of those as i do agree that the hotel is just fantastic.
Now here are the bad points why i gave only 2 star.
1) Extremely Out of nowhere.
You basically a handicapped as the hotel located at the mountain which you need to a transport to go out for food, massage, groceries and others.
The hotel free shuttle bus will stop at 1730hrs and resumes at 2100hrs for Chaweng. If you were to take any tour, you will bounce to get back to the hotel around 1700-1800hrs. That means you will miss the transport and you have to wait till 2100hrs.
Another way to do it is that you have to take the paid transport which cost you 500 bath for 1 way or you have to rent a transport at the hotel.
2) Unbearable heater and impractical Bath room
Bathroom design are superb but super impractical
a) Water for shower are either Super hot or Super Cold. There are hardly in between even you adjust the temperature to 50:50 or even 40:60. Extremely hot water will continue to flow until you adjust to 100% cold then it will be 100% cold. So, to take bath, you have the interval of 2 seconds where you can find the water that is just nice (warm) before it turns again to either too cold or too hot.
Be very very very careful if you have kids, they might get either burn by the hot water or catch a cold when the water is too cold.
I have to spend 30 minutes to complete my shower which normally take me 10 mins. The rest of the time i have to stand there to wait for the correct temperature.
Mind you, this is extremely serious and all 3 rooms with this problem.
1 way to counter this problem is that you try to take bath before dark where you can get a better interval of about 3-4 seconds of desired water temperature.
b) The Grand Room (2 rooms connected with a door) bath rooms are without Bath tub only shower. The design in such a way after you take bath the whole toilet will get wet. So after your shower, when you wear your pants and your pants will get wet (coz the floor is completely wet).
3) Huge room but a lot of space wasted for the empty kitchen. I wonder how many guests will actually utilize he kitchen.
4) Plenty of mosquito
5) Breakfast is too boring with 3 types of EGGS selection. Its like something something with egg.
Plenty of varieties of bread though.
6) Receptionists needs training, some are good but some are extremely rude. As if their bad English is my problem.
7) Check-in staff did not even bother to explain what the hotel offers, not even where to take breakfast everything you need to ask then they will give you the answer. For a quite frequent traveler like myself is ok because i know what i want and what to expect others might encounter some problems because the hotel don't even provide you a BLANKET to sleep where you have to ASK FOR IT.
Ok, rather i will touch a little bit of the PLUS point of the hotel.
1) Very clean and well maintain.
2) Extremely well deserved for their fantastic services (not all especially some of the check-out staff).
3) You can get a lot of complementary even 6* hotels will not give.
4) A lot of fun and extras
5) Management is guest oriented always give the extra thought which deserved a praise.
6) Huge bed and free movies.
7) and many more that you need to discover yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mantra Samui Boutique Resort***** is located 10 minutes from Bophut Beach with our complimentary shuttle service (provided multiple times a day)or with a scooter or a car. Enjoy our amazing range of Facilities that include: Squash Courts, Himalayan Salt Yoga Studio, Steam Room and Sauna, Fully Equipped Fitness Center, Two Restaurants, Swim Up Bar, a Cinema, a Kids Club and a Game Room. An amazing Sea View can be enjoyed from all of the WOW, LOVE, COZY and GRAND rooms.Most importantly The Five Star Mantra has the friendliest and most professional staff on the island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut