We knew we were in for something special the minute we were seated in the reception area by the genuinely friendly staff. From the hotel room door keys which hung from little white ornamental birds on perches to their 'mascot' retro volkswagen kombi parked in the reception room. The quirkiness continues around the corner in the unisex bathroom where sensors detect that you wish to have your hands washed and water comes out of mock elephant trunks.
Smart looking young and vibey staff dressed in black skinnies and aqua golf shirts whizz you around in black golf carts to either your room or the pool or the private movie theatre or restaurant. There are also squash courts, a great gym, spa and children's dedicated play area. We chose the WOW room which was more than adequate with all mods and cons and an incredible view of the ocean. We enjoyed the cute touches, like recommended books selected specifically for us and left on our bed to the free phone calls from the room to anywhere in the world to Funky Dog (very cute stuffed toy dog) which you leave on your bed to indicate that you want your linen changed.
Very large fantastic pool overlooking the sea with a lovely water bar. Very relaxed atmosphere with great food and beautiful music always playing in the background. Nothing was too much to ask for. Shuttle services to Bophut Fisherman's Village and Chaweng always on time, comfortable and air conditioned. Amazing loungers, comfortable beds and pillows. We recommend this fabulous smaller hotel to anyone who enjoys a bit of humour in all the touches within beautiful pristine surrounds and away from the madness of the shops and beaches.
We could not leave without taking a piece of Mantra with us, so we purchased a Funky Dog and we requested the names of their music playlists to play at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mantra Samui Boutique Resort***** is located 10 minutes from Bophut Beach with our complimentary shuttle service (provided multiple times a day)or with a scooter or a car. Enjoy our amazing range of Facilities that include: Squash Courts, Himalayan Salt Yoga Studio, Steam Room and Sauna, Fully Equipped Fitness Center, Two Restaurants, Swim Up Bar, a Cinema, a Kids Club and a Game Room. An amazing Sea View can be enjoyed from all of the WOW, LOVE, COZY and GRAND rooms.Most importantly The Five Star Mantra has the friendliest and most professional staff on the island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut