“Full” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 327 Restaurants in Bophut
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Full”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went here for our wedding anniversary with my wife. We ordered the prawns and scallop starter on lemongrass. Tasted fantastic but for 600bht for 2 prawns and 2 scallops i would hope so.
For the main we ordered the seafod platter. When it arrived it has everything you could imagine on it,lobster,scallops,king crab,oyster,king prawns and more. All of the seafood was beautiful,fresh and huge. The only slight downside i thought was the sauces which came with it. Wasabi,chilli,sweet chilli and cant remember the other one,they were all out of a jar apart from one and were underwhelming compared to the food. The platter was fantastic but that big we couldnt even finish it as much as we tried. Never got to dessert but wanted to as they looked amazing,was that full i couldnt eat another thing.
Good location,good service and great food. You can eat inside, on the terrace or on the beach. We sat on the terrace and each table has its own personal large floor fan blowing towards you so you are never hot. Will be going again definetly!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Cheshire
“Excellent again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had come back to H Bistro after a 2 year gap and were not disappointed. We could still taste the lamb three ways that we had in 2011 and hoped our visit this year would be as good. It was! A couple of reservation and one was just that - make a reservation. We mistakenly thought as it was low season that we'd have no trouble getting a table. We didn't have problem getting a table but had wanted one outside for the sea breeze but these were all reserved and I was told they were all booked for the next 2 weeks. A good sign. We sat slightly inside under a terrace and the girls got us a big fan. Perfect.

We ordered our food and assorted bread arrived with sun dried tomato butter. Delicious.

An amuse bouche of dumplings, prawns and a tasty sauce was a great start.

Hubby's starter of salmon tartare was declared lovely. My charcuterie was very tasty and beautifully presented and the light dressing really made it. Mmmm.

This was followed by a passion fruit sorbet. All very nice touches.

Milk fed rack of lamb with slow braised lamb shank ravioli was fabulous. We were asked how we'd like the lamb and it came perfectly medium rare. And such huge cutlets! We're do they get these lambs? I'm guessing Oz. The accompaniments were divine and the jus gorgeous. All the ingredients for a perfect meal.

My only other reservation was that when we asked for glasses of red wine, hubby tasted his and found it old. On asking how long it had been open they said from yesterday. They found one that had been open that day but perhaps on reflection we should have had a bottle but charging £10 a glass for fairly ordinary wine that was a day old seemed a little adventurous. Didn't spoil the meal though which was first rate. All the staff were very attentive and friendly especially our little wine lady who had been put to the test by my wine loving husband.

Not the cheapest food but life is too short for cheap food (and wine). All in all, perfect again and we look forward to our next visit which will probably be before the end of this trip - even if we have to sit slightly indoors!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were staying at the Hansar so ate at this hotel, the food is out of this world! Yes it's a bit more expensive than other restaurants in Bhoput but its really worth it. The staff are attentive, the ambience is great and the food is so light and tasty you don't feel like you need to be rolled out of the restaurant at the end of the meal! A must if visiting Koh Samui.

Visited May 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Blown Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Being a foodie that is resident in Dubai I am lucky enough to move many great restaurants on tap.
I had read a few reviews about H Bistro and booked a table there to give it a try. To say that I was impressed wold be a huge understatement indeed, I was simply blown away by what was served up to my wife and I on the 7 course set menu.
The soup that was served to us first was an instant indication of the quality that was to follow. Our next course of Foi Gras was perfectly pan fried and served with a fruity compote of extremely well sewn together complex flavours, all standing out in their own right.
Another dish of octopus and scallops was equally well grafted with a perfect balance of a strong balsamic vinegar flavoured accompaniments.
My wife had the veal cheeks for main course and I had the Dover soul. Each were excellent and worthy to be on any fine dining menu.
Desert was a simple trio of a chocolate mouse, I think panna cotta and some ice cream. A small biscuit was also served with the dish and the quality of this alone is also worth a mention!
Finally, and most surprisingly of all, the wine pairing that was served as a separate wine with each course was top class and matched the dishes perfectly...these were good wines.. I was served a Le Petoit white with my main course of fish and was privy to a wine I have never tasted anything like before, and will be sure to track it down.
The staff were always attentive and eager to please and rightly 'knowingly proud' of their restaurant and a credit to the establishment.
So, in a nutshell, if you are on Samui, and you want to be sure of some of the most skilfully thought out and prepared food that you can buy anywhere in the world, look no further that H Bistro.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Best in samui...maybe Thailand...maybe the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My title says it all. This was amazing and not just for a hotel restaurant. We are from New York City and think this has unparalleled food. Do yourself a favor and go here.

• Visited April 2013