We traveled to Thailand for our honeymoon. After experiencing the hustle and bustle of Bangkok and the natural and cultural attractions of Chiang Mai, we journeyed to Koh Samui for some relaxation.
We landed at the Hansar almost by chance since our original hotel, the Baan Haad Ngam, turned out to be a deception and we decided to check out right away and look for a better place. We called Sandalwood for a room but they had no availability. They, however, recommended that we try the Hansar.
The Hansar turned out to be a fantastic experience for us. The hotel is very stylish without being pretentious. The restaurant has a wonderful assortment of authentic Thai dishes and western fare. (In fact, the chef is the former private chef to the King of Jordan) And the location, across a beach next to the Fisherman's Village with its myriad shops and restaurants is unbeatable. The service was top notch and we felt pampered from beginning to end.
Hansar is located in Bo Phut and, as we would find out later, the area is one of the best places to stay for travelers seeking some degree of authenticity and local flavor in their travels. If you are looking for a sophisticated hotel for relaxation that is walking distance to great restaurants and far away from the noisy spring break crowd of Chaweng, this is it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Priceline, Hotel.de, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut