“We loved the Hansar” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 175 Hotels in Bophut
Brisbane
“We loved the Hansar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is our second visit to the Hansar, and we are incredibly happy that we chose to return.
This visit we spent 2 weeks at the hotel with a plan to do nothing but rest and relax. The Hansar made this possible.
After longs flights and travel we arrived at the hotel around 9pm. After being picked up by the hotel car we took a swim in the fabulous infinity pool and all that stress went and we were officially on holidays.
I think the nicest part was the familiarity, already knowing what we did and didn't like from last time and slipping straight into it.
The Room:
The first time we stayed at the Hansar we were in an XL sea view room on the middle floor.
This time we just stayed in the sea view room on the top floor and it was still fantastic and a great size.
Pretty much all the rooms have a great view. We actually preferred the smaller room as the air-conditioning was not loud as it was in the XL room. And whilst the XL has a lovely bath in the middle of the room, we tripped over it more than we used it first time round.
All rooms have the kooky lighting panel and a fairly open bathroom - at least we were prepared for it this time.
And yes, there are no lifts - so stairs it is. But really, it's not that bad and once you are in the room, you don't care about the stairs. And the rooms were always cleaned impeccably each day.
The Food:
Having breakfast included makes for an easy start to the day. The dining rooms all have fantastic open views over the water. We chose to sit upstairs which didn't open until 8am and was a bit quieter although the spread was slightly smaller. We were lucky enough to have Jeab who made the start of our day a delight. With her, we didn't have to tell her our room number, coffee order and breakfast preference everyday - she remembered. We love strong coffee and lots of it and Bee got it right every time. When Jeab was on a day off he made sure we were looked after.
We had great meals poolside and a great way to do lunch. Dinner and the food in the restaurant was fantastic. The attention to detail and quality was the best we had on the island. Whilst not cheap, the professional and technical execution was incredible. My partner had the lamb from the European menu a few times and not because there was nothing else on offer but because it was so good. Sometimes the service can be a touch over-enthusiastic and eager to ensure everything is all OK, but that tends to be a Thailand thing.
The Pool:
Fantastic infinity pool that allows you to overlook the water and the islands. Great service from Dom. He remembered us from our last stay and his personalised and friendly service made every day a pleasure. As a couple, we were happy there were very few children at the hotel. The pool offers lots of lounges and chilled water is always on hand. There are 3 happy hours through the day with 2 for one drinks. Aon was also incredibly nice and welcoming.
The Area:
Bophut is quieter than Chaweng which is about 15-20min away by car. But that was the way we liked it. Chaweng is too brash and not what we were after. But a cab is 400 baht or the hotel car is 500 baht to go there. There is Fisherman's Village which has a lot of restaurants and bars as well as a night street market on a Friday and I think Saturday night. The sand is a bit coarser than Chaweng, but the pool was so good, there was less need to go down to the beach.
Services:
Joy on the front desk treated us like long lost friends and made everything we needed happen. Mon was also lovely. And Ingrid was always walking through the hotel greeting guests.

Everything was so good, we will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gosford, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The positives. Modern design of hotel and rooms. Comfortable bed. Good location near Fisherman's Village where there is a great vibe and great places to eat. The food in the restaurant is excellent, and while I would not stay in this hotel again I would come back to their restaurant. The negatives. Horizon pool looks nice but is small for the size of hotel especially as the beach is not clean for swimming here. I got a severe ear infection the day after swimming in the hotel pool. Yes, this could be a coincidence but they chlorinated the pool for two days following knowing I had the ear infection (there was no chlorine smell in the pool when I swam in it and a pronounced smell walking past on the following days). Again, could be coincidence. The level of assistance offered and care and interest shown by the majority of hotel staff/management was minimal. Asking for a doctor, I was advised I would need to go to a hospital and that they could call me a taxi if required. I am surprised that this was the extent of assistance, given the size of the hotel. There was only one member of staff who seemed genuinely concerned for my wellbeing given I spent 5 days mostly in the room, and brought flowers to my room one day. We stayed at Poppies for 10 days prior to staying at Hansar and have stayed at Buri Rasa previously as well. The contrast in how guests are treated there compared to Hansar is pronounced. Poppies and Buri Rasa made me feel like family, and all this in beautiful surrounds with fantastic facilities. For me, this care and attention was lacking at Hansar. This is why I will not return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The hotel is nicely decorated to make you feel peaceful and relax. What impressed me most is the excellent service. Bottles of cool water and nice beach towels will be served whenever you sit at the pool. We also got a lovely birthday cake though we hadn't told anyone it was my boy friend's birthday during our stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We heard mixed reviews on this hotel but were pleased with our stay.

The downside:

Breakfast, mosquitos (everywhere in thailand), beach bar is dated, service

The upside:

Best hotel on the beach in Bohput, proximity to fishermans village, pool, spa, restaurant (lunch/dinner)

new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you're going to Samui this is the place to stay. Cannot say enough about this hotel from the stunning lobby with views of infinity pool and the beach, courteous and attentive service, great breakfast (honestly one of the best eggs benedicts I've had anywhere at any price), and nice rooms with rain shower. It's also at the entrance to the fisherman's village which is an added bonus. 2 minute walking distance to restaurants, laundry, motorbike rental, etc.

perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

As I sit here on my deck chair at the infinity pool I know I've made the best holiday decision by staying at the hansar!

The location is perfect!!! You don't need to go exploring for good restaurants as they are in walking distance, 2 mins from the hotel. The tourist shopping is the best in koh Samui with the fishermans village 2 mins away. If you need to go out, there are some major malls 10 mins by taxi.

The facilities at the hansar are amazing and the staff are exceptional! And the wifi us very very fast.

The rooms are great and bed is very comfortable!

The gym is in great condition and kept clean.

The food at the hotel is magnificence !!! And happy hour is a blast. The staff keep you very very happy.

There is no doubt in my mind we will stay here again. It's the perfect escape.

Thank you hansar for a wonderful holiday

• Stayed September 2013
Medan, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

So, this is my special trip to Koh Samui for being my best friend's bridesmaid..
We were picked from USM airport by hotel shuttle and once we reached the hotel, all I can say is WOW..

I fall in love with this hotel at the first sight..
Such a lovely and warm hotel, especially when we were delivered to our room.
We stayed in room no 2201 which means located on second building and second floor, facing the swimming pool.
Huge room for 3 of us, three of us sat on the terrace for an hour, just to breathe the fresh air, enjoying the view, reading book and chill.. Super relaxing! Then we cant stand just by looking at the pool without swim.. The private beach is also nice and clean..
We had lunch at Fisherman Village, lots of restaurant, cafe, and bar..
Price is not as cheap as at Patong-Phuket but still ok..

My best friend's wedding is on the next day, the decoration is nice, the hotel prepared Thai long drum to start the wedding ceremony, I really feel goosebump while walking down from our room till the aisle.. Overall that was the most beautiful wedding that I've ever attended.
Reception dinner is also nice prepared..
Everything is just perfect..

This place is perfect for honeymoon as well, as you may want to see the pictures that I post..

If I get chance to visit Samui again, I'll definitely will stay at this hotel...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hansar Samui Resort? Share your experiences!