“Luxe convenience rolled into one” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
FREE Airport Transfer
Ranked #9 of 175 Hotels in Bophut
Hong Kong, China
“Luxe convenience rolled into one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was only at Hansar for 2 days and wished I had stayed longer. Their service is excellent and the staff from the reception desk to the pool were consistent and courteous. And they are really good with children. The hotel design is wonderful, nice dark red color, and the interior design of the rooms were lovely and classic with touches of asian and western influences. The location of the hotel is fantastic, just 5 minutes away from The Fisherman Village so you get a good combination of the luxuries of a resort but not feeling totally isolated. They also have happy 3 times a day which was pretty amazing! The breakfast selection is vast and the food quality at Hansar is excellent. Overall I enjoyed my time at the hotel and would go back again maybe not during peak season as it was slightly on the expensive side

Room Tip: The rooms in the center of the complex (either 1211 or 1212).
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I started our stay skeptical about the rating, but in the end, I was won over by the staff.

The hotel has a hip modern decor. I thought that we would find stuffy service common in many such establishments, but the small personal touches made all the difference. On my birthday, the hotel presented us with a small surprise birthday cake. A breakfast server remembered our name. On our last day, Piaw from the front desk graciously provided our kids and I with a guest room to shower after we used the pool, even though we had already checked out.

The hotel rooms (with an unusual see-through shower), location (beside Fisherman's Village, with many restaurants), and pools (one infinity pool, smaller one for little kids) and all positives. Slight negatives are the beach (coarse sand, no shallow section for small kids) and WiFi (which can be spotty). For a better beach, I suggest a taxi ride to Silver Beach.

Overall, I still highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

First, the positives: It is a beautiful property, clean, lovely design, wonderful infinity pool, right on the beach, a short walk to Fisherman's Village and all its restaurants and shops.

However:

1. I reserved months in advance and, based on tripadvisor reviews, requested room 1209, on the top floor and in the very center of the property, affording 180 degree sea views. They responded that they would try but could not guarantee this particular room. I replied that as long as they gave me a room somewhere in the centre, that would be fine, as I wanted the best sea view I could get. I sent them several e-mails on this issue, as this was to be the most expensive hotel of my trip and, let's face it, when on an island, the view is the most important thing. When I arrived, they put me in a room on the top floor, but all the way to one side. This meant my 180 degree sea view was in fact 90 degrees, with a wall of the hotel blocking one side entirely. When I asked to be moved to a more central room, they said they had given them all away. In other words, don't waste your time with room preferences. You'll get what they give you.

2. Breakfast is OK, but certainly nothing special. Yes, you can order off the menu, but be sure to specify how many of each item you want. The first morning I ordered pancakes and bacon. I received a single pancake and one strip of bacon. Come on, who orders a single pancake? From that point on, I always specified, e.g. 3 pancakes and 2 slices of bacon, and it worked just fine.

3. Drinks, snacks, etc. around the pool are very expensive, considering you can get the same for 20% of the price with a 5-min walk to Fisherman's Village. Of course, all hotels mark up the prices, but this was especially the case at the Hansar.

4. Chocolates on the pillow at night are Hershey's miniatures. Nothing wrong with Hershey's I guess, but not exactly what you'd expect of a luxury hotel.

5. Generally, the staff were friendly, but not "Thai friendly". In a country full of the nicest people in the world, the staff at the Hansar seemed to be missing that something special.

I don't mean to be overly critical. Indeed, it is a lovely resort and I had a very nice time. I just did not feel that I was treated as "special" as I would have expected for a hotel with the pretentions of the Hansar. If a friend told me he had booked at the Hansar, I would not tell him to change his booking. On the other hand, I would not recommend the Hansar either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Chengdu, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

After lots of research, I chose the Hansar for our 6-night baby moon/anniversary trip. The wonderful experience started with the booking process. Corresponding by email, the reservations desk worked with me to find the perfect package for my husband and me.

Our package included round trip airport transfers with prompt and helpful drivers and clean cars (a relief from some of Samui's cab drivers, who overcharge and can be a touchy, surly lot). Once at the hotel, we were welcomed with a fruit tea and cold towels and promptly shown to our room.

We were assigned a ground floor Seaview room and were very happy with our room, especially since it had such easy access to the pool and the rest of the resort. A word of warning, however, the layout of the room is extremely intimate, with the shower a prominent feature of the room and not much separating/obscuring it visually from the rest of the room. The patios (balconies on upper floors) at the Hansar are true extensions of the rooms with comfortable upholstered furniture that somehow stays fresh and unmildewed in the humidity, romantic lighting (and candles on request), and powerful ceiling fans that blow away the mosquitoes.

Service at the resort was outstanding. Housekeeping kept our room spotless and free of sand and brought us roses and chocolate every evening. At breakfast every morning, the restaurant staff were prompt, attentive, and remembered us and our favorite orders by the third morning. The front desk staff made bookings for us and tracked us down for outings. And when our anniversary cake showed up on the wrong day, they sent another one on the correct day free of charge. The spa staff was also extremely welcoming and accommodating, especially to this waddling, heavily pregnant lady. I won't easily forget an afternoon spent getting a mani-pedi while discussing race relations with a very well-read therapist! Our favorite staff members were the bartenders, however. Every morning they greeted us with fresh towels and chilled bottles of water. At happy hours, they served drinks, snacks and conversation efficiently and easily. Best of all, when a large group of Chinese guests disturbed the peaceful poolside setting with their disproportional shouting and splashing, they took note of the discomfort it was causing the rest of us (predominantly from Western European, American and Hong Kong points of origin) and took it upon themselves to notify the resort's management!

We also loved the Hansar's location. Bophut Beach is much quieter than Chaweng Beach, but still has plenty going on in Fisherman's Village. It was a blessing to be at the end of the Fisherman's Village road and not have to cross the hot, rocky sand to go into town for extra sunscreen, banana pancakes, and what not, and with Fisherman's Village being only a few meters away from the Hansar, it was very convenient to wander into town for dinner every night.

All in all, we had a wonderful stay at the Hansar and hated to leave. We look forward to returning someday with baby in tow!

Room Tip: All the rooms have patios/balconies overlooking the pool and beach (w/ views of Ko Phangan). The Sea...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have been Hansar samui at 7.18-7.24 with my family, the staff were so friendly, let me feel back home, especially when we got problem such as my daughter got fever and my brother got credit card problem at airport ,they always can help us immediately ,they always let me feel there had strongly power support me. so , thanks a lot to Sam ,thanks a lot to Mon and all the staffs .
The hotel is excellent too, There has a big king size bed at room, and also a large balcony with good view, every room can see the sea. the pool was faced to the sea, you can see bird fly , the boat stop at the water, beautiful and peace , let your heart calm down. just go ahead the beach of our hotel ,about 100m, there is the famous fishman's village where you can buy everything what you want: food, clothes, BBQ,gift ....
if you love koh samui , if you love beach, just go Hansar Samui, and help me say thanks to them again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hotel is very clean, well decorated, very good swimming pool and very nice restaurant. location is also very good (very close to the fisherman village)
But hotel is too big (looks like a business hotel) so don't have the feeling to be on holiday...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and i stayed at Hansar Samui for 10 nights and thought the place was nothing short of excellent. We arrived early on Saturday morning after a long overnight flight and within 40 minutes our room was ready. The staff were very friendly, polite and always williing to help us during our stay. The view from the 3rd floor room was one of the best we have ever experienced - it looks straight across over the pool to the sea and the island of Kho Phangan. The pool is so relaxing and enjoyable - we always found a lounge chair without any troubles and the smoothies and lassies always made our pool times enjoyable. Fishermans Village is only a stones throw away with many decent eating establishments - i think we just about tried them all! A must do is to have a banana pancake every day as you walk back from indulging on good food! Overall we rate this resort very highly and would recommend it to anyone who wants to escape and relax for any length of stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor had great views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hansar Samui Resort? Share your experiences!