Really enjoyed our stay at Hansar Samui. We stayed here for 3 nights in a Beach Front room.
- Staff were very friendly and helpful
- Rooms are incredibly luxurious, spacious and very modern
- Balcony looked directly out to the beach
- Room service was delicious
- Buffet breakfast was one of the best during our stay!! Great variety of food and its important to note you can actually order pancakes/waffles etc which aren't put out on the buffet
- Pool was really good. Big and the rectangle shape meant you could swim laps (as many people did!). Ample number of pool lounges
- Fitness centre was the best of the trip. Great equipment and generous size!
- Great location. Walking distance to Fishermans village and markets, restaurants and shops
- Transfer to other hotel in Chaweng which was organised through the resort was one of the scariest car rides of our trip. Driver was trying to overtake when cars were oncoming traffic was clearly too close.
- Smoking permitted around pool
I wanted to also comment on the dislikes of a few of the reviews.
- Bathroom: During our stay we had no issues with the bathroom setup however I do realise some would find the privacy, or lack of, an issue. There is a string curtain over the shower screen however you can still see through it, therefore I wouldn't recommend this accommodation for anyone other than couples or families with young children. The toilet has a door which you cannot see through and frosted glass on one side. On the other there is a wooden thatch style wall with 2 thin panes of glass either side and you can only see through these into the toilet from certain angles.
- "Street" between resort and beach: I would call this more of a walkway/laneway than a street. There was hardly any traffic along this during our stay and although people can see up into your balcony we rarely found people actually doing this.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hansar Samui. We have no hesitation recommending this resort to other couples and would definitely return here on our next Thailand holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut