Located at the start of the Friday street market at Fisherman's Village, Hansar is centrally located yet not noisy. (A characteristic of Bophut too). It is architecturally interesting, with some nice details, the infinity pool and cabanas to laze around in.
Buffet breakfast comes with a great selection of eggs and waffles made to order, and a good selection of coffee and tea. Happy hour happens 3 times a day, which make the prices for drinks very competitive with the bars along the Village. Perfect for a lazy trip.
One thing to note is the openness of the bath room. It is awkward for ordinary friends sharing twin rooms as the bath with the wonderful rainshower has no doors/curtains. Also to note, make sure your roomie doesn't open the door when you are bathing or the person at the door will see you. The frosted glass of the bath facing the bed and also the WC makes all actions semi-visible as well. In the double room, the glass is clear.... Not sure about the room with the bath tub.
There was a security lapse on the last day that made me minus points for the rating. A self-proclaimed 'friend of a guest' ran out from the gym to ask for my WiFi password, and I had to reject him multiple times. Suspecting he was not a guest, I reported the situation to the reception but there was no reaction/action. Higher alertness to guest reports will certainly make this a better place to chill out in....
Overall, still recommended. But the spa next door is better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut