Arrival: Arrived having travelled for twelve hours and a flight delay ensured that we didn't arrive at the Hansar until 1am. We were greeted by the porter with two glasses of pineapple juice and a lovely friendly welcome. Our room was on the 3rd floor, 1310, and there was no lifts (not a problem) as the porter showed us to our room and brought up our suitcases for us. When we went into the room, the staff had rose petals on our bed and a lovely cake for our anniversary.
Room: We stayed in the Seaview room which I think is the smallest room but we thought the room was gorgeous and roomy. The shower was not an issue for us - we loved it. Every night the room was turned down and they left a rose and chocolates. The only issue I would have is that during the turndown they did not take the wet towels etc (Only minor, I know). This is the only hotel we have ever stayed in where we made such use out of the balcony - the bed and rocking chair was so comfy. The room included a beach bag with towels, safe, hairdryer.
Food: We had breakfast included in our stay but due to overindulgence the nights before we only went for breakfast twice but we found it varied with plenty of choice. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant as it was quite pricey compared to prices in Fishermans Village. We did eat lunch at the hotel bar one day - bruschetta and toasted sandwich which was yum and well presented.
Location: The location of the hotel was ideal, only a two minute walk from Fishermans Village. The hotel was located right in front of the beach, there is a small laneway/road in front of the hotel but it is not busy and does not impede on relaxation. We did not use the pool, we spent our days on the beach which we loved. A little note to say the sand is not the soft, white sand that you think of when you think of Thailand. It is coarse and not great for walking on.
Staff: The staff are the highlight of this hotel. They are friendly and enthusiastic and go out of their way to help you. The hotel provided us with complimentary transfers back to the airport and while we were waiting for their transport, one of the staff on reception provided us with bottles of water and stood and waved us off. We thought it was the sweetest thing ever.
Overall we thought this hotel was fantastic, in a wonderful location with staff who are a credit to the hotel. If you are on two minds about booking this hotel, don't be, book it, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut