I loved this hotel! I met my sister and a friend there (flying in from 3 sep locations around the world) and we had a fantastic time and definitely plan to return!
Clientele - Mainly 30's to 60's.
Very few children (not really a family spot, there's not much for kids to do there) This ensured the pool was quiet and peaceful as there were no loud screams from noisy children.
Perfect location for a honeymoon or romantic travel.
There were also plenty of older singles/small groups of friends travelling together.
After reading the reviews we asked for levels 2 or 3 with direct sea facing views, and my sister and I decided to get separate rooms as the bathrooms were NOT private (glass wall separated the shower room from the bed and you need to close your balcony curtains at night if using the shower. There is a sep toilet though.
The staff were amazing, very helpful and friendly. After ordering the same breakfast for 3 days running my sister and I would walk into breakfast and they instantly knew what we wanted, would quickly check with us without even having to open our mouths. It would be ordered before we found a seat.
We also got really helpful advice from Marketa (Guest Relations) about how much to pay for taxi's from various parts of the island etc.
All in all the staff make this place.
Plenty of local restaurants within a 2-3 min wander.
Great local bars with much better prices than the Hansar (and more generous), and a 'Family Mart' just down the Fisherman's Village road about 4 mins.
The breakfast buffet at Hansar is good, but not excellent. Most days my eggs were runnier than they should be, and if you order a pancake you get a single one on a plate; however the food was plentiful with lots of choice and we usually ended up skipping lunch as we were still full from breakfast.
Pool side food was 'American' and excellent if you get a little sick of Thai
Don't miss the local Friday night market - Full range of food from entre to dessert. Eg: corn on a stick, Thai BBQ pork ribs, these amazing mashed potato balls filled with things like corn, fresh sushi, etc. My advice: Go hungry!
Had an excellent experience with Roman from 'Majestic' (or 'Majesty') tailors in Fisherman's Village. My sister has had numerous things made in Thailand over the years and she instantly warmed to him because when we pulled clothes out to be copied, he told her what he couldn't do, rather than promising the world and not delivering. I got 2 shirts and 3 pairs of pants made and they are all perfect. Particularly the cashmere/wool blend (am kicking myself for not getting more). He didn't require a huge number of fittings, and worked with me to get everything just perfect. So we highly recommend Roman!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut