My partner and I spent nearly a week at the Hansar in September 2012. We had booked a Seaview XL room but on arrival found we had been upgraded to a Beachfront room which was a great start to our holiday! The accommodation was excellent with a comfy king bed and huge day bed on the verandah where there's also a ceiling fan to keep things cool.
The staff were courteous and helpful. Location is terrific - right next to the Fishermans Village at Bophut. Make sure you're there for Friday night when the whole village is transformed into a fantastic food and drink street market - it's a great night. There's also a good choice of restaurants along the beachfront.
The Thai food from the hotel bistro was excellent. Also some good international dishes but check the prices first as some dishes are pretty expensive.
The hotel pool is to die for, or you can lay on a sunbed on the beach. The in-house spa is also very good.
The hotel is in a great location for tours to Ko Phang An or the Angthang Marine Park - about an hour away by speed boat and you can hire jet skis or wave skis on the beach if you're feeling energetic. The view from the pool or from the rooms is beautiful.
One of the best hotels we've stayed at anywhere and a great place to unwind and recharge your batteries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut