“My favorite place to be, so I return once more ^_^” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE TRANSFER & SPA
Ranked #8 of 172 Hotels in Bophut
Bangkok, Thailand
“My favorite place to be, so I return once more ^_^”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Hunsar is really the place to spend an excellent vacation even when you don't have so much time to be away. I've been here when the hotel just opened in 2010 and i fell in love with this place. This second time, there was no disappointment at all. We stayed 2 nights in SeaViewXL very spacious room, complete amenities (even grounded coffee & green tea) , big balcony with rocking chairs and daybed and lastly the super comfortable bed we've ever slept in. Staff of the hotel were very friendly and attentive. We had 2 meals at H Bistro, the food was exquisite, really the best in town. The design of the hotel is very well designed which offers the sea view from all the angels of the hotel. We love spending time at the pool with the jacuzzi and some chill drinks, can't get any better than this.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I really enjoy the seaview room and its design. Love the bathroom in the room, it suits the newest couple to have a honeymoon trip here. It's hard to make a decision to swim in the pool or to jump into the sea. I absolutely recommend to everyone who ask me where to stay in Samui. I really don't want to check out!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I am about to come to the conclusion of our 4-night stay here at Hansar Samui. Overall, our experiences here have been very positive. Being a newer property, I believe the management and staff have worked really hard to elevate the hotel to one of Tripadvisor's best hotel on the island over a relatively short time.

The staff here is absolutely great and always approach you with smiles. They are eager to help and will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. For example, mangoes were not served at breakfast at the moment because they are out-of-season (they can still get them but more expensive). When we asked the staff, he said he will notify the kitchen to have mangoes specially brought to us every morning for the rest of our stay. Furthermore, my friend loves mangosteens and they even left us a dozen of them in our room (all complimentary). The staff at H Bistro are all fantastic, always friendly and helpful.

There are some minor glitches I think will be sorted out over time. For example, housekeeping is very slow. We had to call the front desk to make arrangements for our room to be cleaned. As for the room itself, we had the beach-front studio. While the bed, balcony and view are wonderful, the 'transparentness' of the shower and toilet is not all that practical. There also seems to have way too many light switches and turning the bathroom light on and off can prove complicated.

Overall, Hansar Samui is still a very good property for the price. The beach is good but not great. The water quality is somewhat questionable since I spotted many small dead fish washed ashore. I am not sure what the cause of death was. As mentioned by some reviewers before, there is a small road between the pool and the beach. It is not a busy road but still have to watch out for the traffic.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Maroochydore, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed for 9 nights and had a wonderful time. The room is amazing - with the most comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom and a huge bath that was very easy to lose an hour in! The resort itself is very well layed out and the pool is huge, large enough to never feel like you are surrounded by other guests.
The staff were a delight! Nothing was too much effort and they quickly remembered where we liked to sit for breakfast/by the pool etc. Nothing was too much trouble. On our first day after a long flight we needed to go to the shops, instead of giving us directions one of the ladies at the front desk went for us!
This hotel would have to be the best for couples on the Island, close to all the restaurants, beachfront and no noisy nightclubs nearby.
Highly recommend Hansar Samui

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to the X-Large Seaview room
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We enjoyed great hospitality during our recent stay at Hansar Samui Resort. People go out of their way to make sure our stay was pleasant and comfortable. I got in from the heat at the beach and a staff at Chill Lounge handed me a chilled towel. My 2 nieces brought food back from their cooking class and the staffs at the restaurant gladly warmed them up for us and served the food in style. I shared a sandwich with my husband and the kitchen staffs took such care to give me my half portion with chips and salad. They don't just serve the two halves on one plate. Such care and attention to their guests' comfort was unexpected. They totally overwhelmed us with their in-the-face service.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are great but no crashing waves.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We (my girlfriend and I) stayed at Hansar Samui after 3 nights in Bangkok. We loved this hotel. The room is great with an amazing day bed on the balcony which is the best way to relax after hours at the pool or beach.

Also I have to say the breakfast provided by the hotel is one of the best breakfasts I have ever had, the variety is outstanding and the freshness and quality is brilliant.
Please do yourself a favor and have dinner on the beach in front on the hotel it’s a wonderful setting and the H bistro 4 course dinner is excellent.

The staff were some of the best I have ever dealt with. They went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and were always very helpful.

So all-in-all a great hotel and the best location on Bo Phut beach. I would like to thank the staff for making out trip so amazing.

If you eat out in the fisherman’s village, just walk around to find the best deal and the type of food you want to eat. If you are willing to walk a little, you can find Thai dishes for as little as 70 Baht a dish. We have everything from Italian and Mexican to Thai.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Stayed in the Hansar for 6 days at the start of our 3 week holiday in Thailand. We loved it that much we returned for a further 2 days at the end of our trip. Rooms are large and well designed, air conditioning kept the room cool and the bed was to die for - most comfortable bed I have slept in. Loved chilling on the balcony admiring the views before heading out for dinner in Fisherman's Village which is a few mins walk from the Hansar. Days spent relaxing by the amazing pool looking out over the bay to Koh Phanghan. Picture postcard perfect. Enjoyed eating at the H Bistro for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Staff at the hotel are very friendly and would go out of their way to help you organise any trips or provide advice. Will definitely return and will recommend to all - a fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view guaranteed as all rooms face sea.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hansar Samui Resort? Share your experiences!