I am about to come to the conclusion of our 4-night stay here at Hansar Samui. Overall, our experiences here have been very positive. Being a newer property, I believe the management and staff have worked really hard to elevate the hotel to one of Tripadvisor's best hotel on the island over a relatively short time.
The staff here is absolutely great and always approach you with smiles. They are eager to help and will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. For example, mangoes were not served at breakfast at the moment because they are out-of-season (they can still get them but more expensive). When we asked the staff, he said he will notify the kitchen to have mangoes specially brought to us every morning for the rest of our stay. Furthermore, my friend loves mangosteens and they even left us a dozen of them in our room (all complimentary). The staff at H Bistro are all fantastic, always friendly and helpful.
There are some minor glitches I think will be sorted out over time. For example, housekeeping is very slow. We had to call the front desk to make arrangements for our room to be cleaned. As for the room itself, we had the beach-front studio. While the bed, balcony and view are wonderful, the 'transparentness' of the shower and toilet is not all that practical. There also seems to have way too many light switches and turning the bathroom light on and off can prove complicated.
Overall, Hansar Samui is still a very good property for the price. The beach is good but not great. The water quality is somewhat questionable since I spotted many small dead fish washed ashore. I am not sure what the cause of death was. As mentioned by some reviewers before, there is a small road between the pool and the beach. It is not a busy road but still have to watch out for the traffic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut