My boyfriend and I just had a fantastic week here. It was the perfect base to chill out and also get back to and totally relax after days out exploring the island.
All levels of room are lovely, spotlessly clean and designed and built to a very high standard. We stayed in a standard seaview room for 2 days and this was a high standard, good size with walk in shower and a decent balcony with day bed for 2 to chill out on. We then moved into the Beach Villa room for the final 5 days and this was, as you would expect, gorgeous and precisely as the pictures on the website show, including the petals in the bath!
The infinity pool and the spa are by far the best amenities on the resort and are both fantastic.
The food is top notch for dinner. The breakfast is pretty good though a bit limited and if you arrive after 9am the food seemed to start to run out or not be replenished quickly enough. We had a fantastic romantic dinner on the beach one evening which was amazing food and service and very good value for money. if you do this, just be aware that people will just wander past on the path and take your photo because it's pretty beautiful!
The service at this hotel must be disassociated from the intentions of the staff. The staff in true Thai style are all lovely, extremely polite and in almost all cases seem very keen to please. Overall the service from the staff is still excellent. The service however is not yet five star, if your definition of five star is defined by other five star experiences in major cities around the world. We had a few niggles which meant I couldn't call it true 5* yet:
- Language was occasionally an issue that created unnecessary frustration when ordering or asking more than a simple question.
- Service at breakfast was generally miserably slow - learnt to expect tea or coffee to arrive by the time you've finished eating your breakfast.
- We were misallocated our room on arrival having payed for an XL Sea View we were initially put in a standard by mistake. After 2 nights we realised there were larger rooms!
However, the manager could not do enough to put this right and did so within 15 minutes of my raising the issue and she compensated us extremely well both with dinner, spa services and upgraded us to the Beach Villa which was superb and over and above what we'd paid for.
The place is great and as everyone else on here seems to agree, its definitely worth spending your cash here, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut