“Nice experience..but not a 1 man show.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RockPool Samui

RockPool Samui
80/32 Moo 5 | 80/32 Moo 5, Bo Phut Amphur Koh Samui, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand
+66 77 234 500
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 301 Restaurants in Bophut
4.0 of 5 stars 199 Reviews
Cuisines: Asian, European, Tapas, Oyster Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: With it's breath taking views and unrivalled ambiance, RockPool is by far one of the most beautiful dining locations on Koh Samui. Resting on the rocks just two meters above the ocean, RockPool brings you the ultimate seaside dining experiance. Sit back and enjoy a lazy Sunday afternoon brunch, award winning tapas or British Chef Martin Selby's decadent a la carte menu while listening to the waves gently lapping the rocks below. This is one of the absolute "must do" dining experiences on the island and is open for beautiful breakfasts, gourmet lunches and romantic dinners.
Melbourne.
“Nice experience..but not a 1 man show.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We also ate at Rock Pool on Koh Samui (not related to the Rock Pool in Sydney), and had a nice evening. We visited while the head chef was away, and contrary to the previous review, it is not just a 1 man show. The food was good, the setting brilliant, and we had some laughs plus got some good advice from the manager. Its a nice restaurant with good food, and friendly staff and service.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
RockpoolChef, Manager at RockPool Samui, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Melbournian Man.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. It was a great boost to myself and the staff receive acknowledgement of their talents as individual chefs. As I have said before that this place wouldn't operate without them and their individual skills. Its great to know that on my night off the dishes are being executed with just as much passion and precision.
Our ever improving front of house team contribute just as much to the overall results and I'm glad that this is being noticed too. I thank you! Please pop in again anytime!

Chef

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Austr
“Excellent Food great Karma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My Wife and I dined at the Rock pool twice while visiting Koh Samui. It was recommended and was close by out resort the Nora Buri, so close in fact the restaurant offered to collect us from the hotel. The first night was raining so we dined inside a table close to the open kitchen. So close indeed i lifted the camera high and took a photograph much to the staff surprise. While having a cocktail the chef approached and sheepishly asked if we were paperazi of course we are not just a keen cook. We had a delightful chat with Chef David Lloyd. I had the Foie gras and the duck both of very high quality and cooked to perfection, my wife, the crispy squid and sea bass again excellent presentation and flavour. The cocktails and wine were also very good. The second evening was fine weather and we got to sit outside away from the main section of the restaurant,it was delightful, overlooking the water and the rock pools below, as night fell the lights sparkled up and down the coast with lantern balloons rising from Charweng and later fireworks not far away it was such a relaxing place to dine the food too this time was unsurpassed Moules Mariniere and Lobster for me and Crisp pork belly and Panang Wagu for my wife again cocktails and wine of high quality, it was such a pleasant experience we lingered for quite a while over coffee and a snaps. I could have really just kept eating this fine food just to breathe in the atmosphere. Following our first visit my wife commented on how calm the chef appeared in the open kitchen, no noise or conversation interfered with our dining experience which can often occur if the chef is a prima donna and highly strung, David Lloyd is certainly not the latter. He is a chef that cares that his customers get a great experience and I noted that he visited each table throughout the night, nice caring touch. He was willing to discuss briefly his methods when it came to Thai food and modern cuisine and recommended a cook book to me thank you chef i am still looking for it. All up an absolute must while on Samui highly recommended enjoy

Dear himself_10,

Thank you for your comments and detailed review. This kind of feedback is lovely to have and it is very rewarding to all the staff to read such appreciative comments. I must emphasize that my team are every bit as responsible as me for what we are doing at Rockpool and without their commitment and hard work we would not be where we are today. Not to forget the amazing effort put in by our front of house team who have really upped their game on the service.
Hope you find the book!
Best wishes.
Chef
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food, Amazing Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently ate at the rockpool restaurant at my short stay in Koh Samui,

If you looking for a nice romantic restaurant then this is the restaurant for you.

The food was amazing, i had the grilled red snapper which was served with chorizo, and king prawns,

My girlfriend (now fiance) also had a grilled snapper.

The food, services and overall experience was amazing, Many thanks to Mike !!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
RockpoolChef, Manager at RockPool Samui, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Hi Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your evening enough to recommend us on trip advisor. Did you propose at Rockpool?! If so, I hope the red snapper helped with proceedings!
I will pass on your comments to Mike and all the front of house staff. They will be delighted.
Congratulations and best wishes to both of you for your future. Please pop in and see us if you're ever in Samui again.

Kind regards.
David
Dorset
“Amazing Food Wonderful Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great Views and location.

Good service and varied menu,

The food is amazing and great value for money.

Unlike other places on the island this restaraunt will not disappoint.

Dear Martine,

Many thanks for your kind review. It makes all the difference here when I can go out and share your kind words with my colleagues. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you as our guest again sometime.

Many thanks,
David
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to RockPool Restaurant which is located at Karma Samui villas on recommendation of a friend. When we arrived we walked down a very steep walkway to get to the restaurant which was on the edge of the cliff and we were blown away by the view.
The service was fantastic and the food to die for and so was the view. The staff were very attentative and professional which made it a very special night out. When we finished, we were whisked back to the receiption with the hotel buggy then the staff kindly organised for the hotel car to take us back to our hotel which was cheaper than what the taxi charged us to get there.
All in all an amazing experience and if you do get a chance to go and experience the food, service, atmosphere and view you won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2013