This is my 5th time to Thailand, I've been lucky enough to travel all over and stay in accommodation ranging from budget backpackers, beach huts, jungle shacks and luxury accommodation and Deva samui has by far been the WORST experience I have ever had.
I booked the accommodation with deva samui direct on the internet, it clearly states on their website "no online payment" "you will make payment at the hotel". This is where the problems started. They took full payment of 8000thbt the next day from my account, without approval!
When we arrived at the hotel we were met by some very un-friendly receptionists, defiantly not the "land of smiles around here"! After check in we took most of our own luggage and were led around the back of the resort/ugly concrete jungle, to the staff area of the place and lugged our suitcases up 3 dingy, barely lit flights of stairs due to faulty lighting. (I'm by no means precious either I'm a landscaper from perth and used to manual labour but this is not what you expect on holiday).
We were shown in to our very hot room and first impression was ok, but as we had a chance to look around things got worse and worse. Besides the stains on the walls, peeling paint and faded cushion covers, we discovered probably the WORST VIEW IN KOH SAMUI out of our window, a massive power pole and cables looking over the balcony opposite, no wonder the blinds are shut in the photos on the website.
The toilet had URINE STAINS around it on the floor and some sort of BLACK MOULD happily growing on the floor of the shower.
The bed!! Pulling back the sheets to discover LONG BLACK HAIRS in the bed and under the pillows, obviously not been changed from the previous occupants!!! It gets worse. Pulling back the sheets to find a very old mattress full of URINE STAINS and god knows what the stains are on the PILLOWS, doesn't bare thinking about!
After all this needless to say we didn't want to stay there. The manager offered us a pool access room at an extra 4000tbht which we declined, and they refused any sort of refund, not even one night!!! Very rude and unhelpful!! Not my memory of the rest of Thailand at all!!
We didn't want this be the ruining of our holiday so we checked out immediately, which turned out to be the best thing we did. after our BAD EXPERIENCE at DEVA SAMUI, we though we'd splash out and try forget about it and we ended up at Akaryn resort. We had an amazing reception by everyone there and even got a discounted room price after they heard our story. We stayed there for 5nights and had they best I think I have ever had. We'll worth it!!
STAY WELL AWAY FROM DEVA SAMUI, their is better and cheaper accommodation nearer to chewang than this faulty towers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Outrigger Koh Samui Hotel
- Outrigger Koh Samui Hotel Bophut
- Deva Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deva Samui Resort & Spa offers guests a tropical escape on Thailand’s renowned boutique island destination. On a secluded bay with direct access to the white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Fastbooking, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Deva Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.