“Glamorous Boutique Hotel. Luxury in every detail.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Scent Hotel

You added The Scent Hotel to your Saves list
The Scent Hotel
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   58/1 Moo 4 Bangrak Beach, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #16 of 134 Bophut B&B and Inns
4.5 of 5 stars 171 Reviews
Amarante, Portugal
“Glamorous Boutique Hotel. Luxury in every detail.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed one week on this hotel, in April/May 2011.
The hotel belongs to Relais & Châteaux and it really deserves that.
It's a boutique hotel with a lot of details you can enjoy with your senses.
All the rooms are very well decorated and our, in particular, had a great sea view.
The hotel grounds are beautiful and well mantained.
The swimming pool is diferent from the normal, since the material in which it is made is a noble one. Pure luxury! Besides, the swimming pool has a wonderful sea view, also.
The restaurant is top! Beach front, tranquil, exquisite and delicious food... so romantic if you have dinner here!!! It seems like you are being bless by the stars!!!
The breakfast is a la cart and it's really a finding. Everything is fresh, tasty and refined.
All the staff (specially restaurant's staff) is very kind, helpful and nice. They provide all that you can need and all the concierge service you may request.
The hotel is street faced, in a not very beautiful area, but, inside of it, you don't notice this fact.
The beach, itself, isn't good. It has quicksand and the water is not clear. We stayed the most of the time on the swimming-pool and went several times to the hotel's sister resort - Peace Resort, on Mae Nam Beach. The hotel provides free shuttle bus service to Peace Resort and to Fisherman's village. But we rent a motorbike, in the hotel's front and go riding. It's safe and more funny!
The only thing we didn't like was that the room was quite small and the air conditioning didn't work properly in order to refresh the space. Besides that, the air con was right in the front of the bed, which was harmful to our health. At night, the room is too hot and become unbearable to be there without air conditioning. And if you turn the air conditioning, you'll get frozen as the air con is right on top of you...
The hotel management MUST improve this!

Room Tip: Book a room with sea view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel has ticked every box for me, excellent staff, excellent rooms and a beach view to die for. Pure paradise.
We stayed in the sea view room and had our own private hammock which over looked the sea. If you are looking for a romantic trip away this is the place to go. The food was amazing as well. We had breakfast and lunch there every day it was so good! Also the hotel had 2 canoe's that you can use for free.
They do offer massages however there is a spa next door as well (which I have been to every time I go to Koh Samui) and this is also a great get away. There is parking outside the hotel (3/4 spaces) so although its a little far away from most things they offer a vast range of car hires from the hotel which was much cheaper than getting taxi's every where!
The lady on reception is amazing as well. So helpful.

This has to be the best holiday I have ever had and will hopefully return again.

Room Tip: The second floor room in the far right corner over looks the sea however we also noticed a couple on...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We organized to stay at a villa for a week on lovely Koh Samui, and we then needed to find a hotel nearby for a short stay, before we could board our flight to Phuket. I looked this place up online, liked what I saw, and instinctively decided to book one of their most affordable rooms. (If we stayed longer, I would have upgraded to a larger room, but, there was no point of doing so, given our short sojourn.)

The seaside setting of this small hotel is lovely. As soon as we checked-in, we didn't bother going outside of the property. We thoroughly enjoyed having our breakfasts, lunches, and dinners here, served on their shaded patio dining area overlooking the calm waters of the Gulf of Thailand. Every morning and evening during our stay, I took advantage of swimming in their impressive infinity pool; watching the sun set each night was a highlight of my stay. It was also nice to lounge on the mostly private beach and enjoy a little extra sun, whilst reading and relaxing.

We ordered the freshest fruits each morning, as well as tasty Thai breakfast dishes, avoiding any menu item that sounded not Thai. Croissants, breads with butter and jams in Thailand? No thank you. Why go all the way to Thailand, to have anything but Thai cuisine? For lunches and dinners, we enjoyed the freshest seafood dishes prepared with great skill. The wine list featured mostly affordable Thai wine and beer options. Service throughout the hotel was always friendly and professional.

To conclude, we felt right at home here. The intimate scale of this operation was just what we needed - a perfect little hideaway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

There was a horrible thing happened when I stayed in the scent hotel.
We put our wedding rings together in our room when we went to snorkeling.We didn't go out for dinner but stayed in the hotel and ordered room service after snorkeling. The day after,before we changed to another hotel,we found out there was only my husband's ring left. After serval times research,we could't find it. The hotel manager told us that they'd do the investigation and would keep updating me if they found anything. I basically sent two emails to them everyday but their answer very slow. I really don't feel they take this case seriously so we decided to report this to police station. The day we went to police station,the General Manager of hotel showed up with a a bad attitude. He said that I should wait till they can find anything on their side. I should't accuse their staff is a thief. They need longer time to do the investigation. BUT!! they can't deny that my ring just disappeared in the hotel. And how can they ask me to give them time since I was just a tourist. He even told me: I lost my wife's ring,my child's gold ring, Jessie...bad things just happen.
My wedding ring was gone in your hotel and you just told me " bad things happen"??? To me,Its really unacceptable!
Those two rings were always put together,mine with serval small diamond but his not.
The only reason that I can think is someone took it away. The only person who can enter our room besides us would be the housekeeper,we locked the room before we went out and never went out again since we back from snorkeling.
This thing happened at 01/07, and I need to send them email to ask how's the investigation going,and they always said that they can't find anything. They never report updating news to me!
I'm very disappointed,not just because they can't find my ring but also their attitude.
So,if you wanna choose this hotel,please do not bring any value thing or you'll definitely regret!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We agree with all the reviews.. I would be repeating myself. The first impression is disappointing, a small grey building with the typical electrical spaghetti that seems to be unavoidable in Thailand everywhere you go. There's no grand driveway and entrance, but that's where the disappointment ended. We stayed there last week, in Room 112 which was the European styled room. The bathroom is as big as the room, beautiful antique brass fittings. It was on the ground floor, central to the pool area. The breakfast is a la carte, so no big mass produced food buffet here and quite an well known restaurant worth a visit even if you're not staying here. The property is tasteful, small, with small details that make it unique to any other property. Yes, the beach is not great, but for a relaxing wade, sitting under the umbrellas and dipping in the pool, it is sufficient. Its not far from Fisherman's Wharf, motorbike hire is just across the road. The fragrance hits you when you walk in, thus the name.... I would definitely come back. Maybe stay in the front rooms, upstairs for the full beach view.

Room Tip: This is not a grand resort, rather more like a grand home, that you have been graciously invited to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I took vacation here. I stay at room 221 on second from at the end. It has the best panorama 180 degree view of the bangrak beach. For the price of this room ypu can't get any better of a view and space for this price. I like this room for one reason It's vintage style room and this room has it all. When you walk into this room it's like stepping back in to time.

• Stayed May 2013
TheScent s, Executive Assistant Manager at The Scent Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Davidnuu,
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your positive feedback here on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

With Kind Regards,

Mayuree O.
Executive Assistant Manager
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

There's completely call SMALL LUXURY RESORT...Just 13 rooms are uniquely by the design. Restaurant are the best in Samui. Best ABF ever I had in my life. Not far from airport & Chaweng Beach. Every convenience stay especially you can buy Karmakamet. You can walk throughout the hotel with fabulous aromatic scent. FAbulousssss

I will be back soon :-)

Room Tip: Choose beachfront room will make you memorable stay !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Scent Hotel? Share your experiences!