Based on location pictures i booked this hotel but the front desk staff personnel lags behind in service and hospitality. First of all they are all very poor in understanding and speaking English where as majority of the travelers were from Europe U.K and U.S.A. It is of course Budget hotel but that shouldn't prevent the staff from being courteous and alert.
The cleanliness was worth mentioning. Four months prior to my stay during booking i had put up special request to allot me sea facing bedroom but they did not even take a note of my request. Just before a week before reaching to the hotel i had mailed to which no body bothered to reply. I tired calling up from India but the calls were never attended by Ibis SAMUI, but instead after long wait some Thai speaking staff use to attend calls who just did not speak English. Accor hotels please take note. This kind of communication lag gives wrong picture about your group and professionalism.
Upon check out i found i was wrongly charged for food bill which i had never used plus the tariff was also charged much more than contracted upon. When this was brought to the notice of the reception staff with out any regret or apology they corrected on the same invoice will ball point pen though i demanded a corrected computer generated copy i was told system not working so cannot give.Where as next moment to another inmates an invoice was generated.
In short the front desk personnel lags professionalism.
A business class hotel cannot be so irresponsible towards their customers.
I would not recommend this hotel to anybody who believes in perfection and easy peaceful stay.
There are mush superior resorts and hotels in whole of Koh Samui. But Ibis is just an average hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bright, bold and trendy, with an idyllic beachfront location and views, ibis Bophut Samui has it all.250 modern rooms, each with WiFi. 24 hour reception. Food and drink, day and night.Ten minutes from the airport and five from the pier, the hotel is packed with things to do.Sunbath on the beach, sip a cocktail at the pool bar, spoil yourself with a massage or explore the authentic fishing village nearby on a bike...The first international three star hotel in Bophut Beach, ibis Bophut Samui, is a refreshing island paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your ibis Samui Bophut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bophut Samui Hotel Bophut
- Ibis Samui Bophut Ko Samui