We thought from the map that the Ibis was closer to fishermans village than it was. For us with a push chair it was too far to walk along the road. Closer along the beach but not accessible with a push chair.
We stayed in a family room which is deceiving on the website as it looks like the child's area is completely partitioned off and it is only partially partitioned. The beds were comfortable and the bunk beds great our 3 year old loved the top bunk which was enclosed except for the end and very safe. There was also a large teddy bear on the the bed which pleased her immensely. There were a few toys in the room and a playstation which i think are nice touches.
The room was lovely and clean and the cleaning staff helpful although we had to ask for beach towels every day. The room was located on the 3rd floor near to the pool but the elevator was near to reception so we constantly had to walk to reception to use the elevator as we had a push chair. Quite a distance out of our way every time we needed to get to our room. Which was frequently with a 3 year old.
Between reception and the pool area the grounds are not push chair friendly.
The food was tasty and nice when they got it right but very inconsistent and quite often missing things that were stated on the menu. I also felt that it was overpriced. I didn't rate the buffet breakfast at all I have had much nicer elsewhere.
The bar was under staffed late afternoon and evening and not well stocked. A few of the staff at the bar were exceptional and friendly but others seemed as if they didn't care which let the side down.
The pool area and grounds are beautiful and they have 4 pools which were clean and very nice. The pool area was fantastic for us with a small child but there is one area of concrete between the children's pool and the next pool which is extremely slippery and dangerous when wet. Both my friends child and ours slipped and cut their knees quite badly. Overall average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bright, bold and trendy, with an idyllic beachfront location and views, ibis Bophut Samui has it all.250 modern rooms, each with WiFi. 24 hour reception. Food and drink, day and night.Ten minutes from the airport and five from the pier, the hotel is packed with things to do.Sunbath on the beach, sip a cocktail at the pool bar, spoil yourself with a massage or explore the authentic fishing village nearby on a bike...The first international three star hotel in Bophut Beach, ibis Bophut Samui, is a refreshing island paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your ibis Samui Bophut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bophut Samui Hotel Bophut
- Ibis Samui Bophut Ko Samui