“Fantastic Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge

You added The Lodge to your Saves list
The Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   91/1 Moo 1 Fisherman's Village, Bophut, Ko Samui, Thailand   |
Ranked #62 of 175 Hotels in Bophut
4.5 of 5 stars 79 Reviews
Newcastle
“Fantastic Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

I stayed at the lodge for nearly a week in June 08. I had heard about it from a guide book. The staff were so so friendly, nothing was any trouble at all, the room was fantastic and had an amazing view of the sea, and a great balcony. I loved the paradise atmosphere and the little bar was great too, the snacks and breakfast were really good and the staff again very friendly. Loved it so much i'm going to go back to Thailand just to visit Bophut and the lodge!

• Liked — The Beach Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bintan Island, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

We planned to stay for 3 nights however we can only stayed for 2 nights due to our flight was quite early in the morning in Surat Thani Airport. Koi, the manager in the Lodge was happy to amend it to 2 nights without any charges. We got a penthut room on the 3rd storey. The room is really spacious equipped with open balcony facing sea view, hot water shower, air con, in room safety box, satellite TV, minibar (beverages same price as in the mini market), bath tub, king size bed and another sleeping sofa bed (we used it for afternoon nap & watching TV).

In the early evening, we bought some take away Thai food (lab pla duk- minced fish with herb and rat na- noodle soup). When we were crossing the corridor, Koi saw us and brought us some plates and cutleries from the kitchen although we did not ask anything. When we were asking for water boiler, she immediately sent it to our room and brought us some cups although we did not realize that there were no cups in the room. We were the frequent travelers however we were never treated like this before. It was not about a plate or a cup she brought us but it is about a natural smile and genuine service she offered to us. We feel like a family although this was our first stay in this hotel. Overall, it was really nice feeling even better than in 5 star resorts.

Once we went down from our room, it brought us directly to the beach access. There was also a beach bar belong to this guest house. The price is also very reasonable. In front of the beach lied around 1 kilometer white sand beach as I was jogging in the morning I saw bars, restaurants, shops and accommodations around this beach.

In the afternoon time, we got a Thai massage for 250 Baht for an hour. It located just in front of our room. It was really comfortable and nice experience as you can hear the sound of wave, blowing wind into the coconut leaves and smell of the sea salt water.

During evening time, we went for shopping and nice Thai food around. We really enjoyed it since it looked a lot of entertainment such as bars, restaurants and small shops however it was not noisy at all. Definitely it is a nice place to relax if you are looking for somewhere quiet and away from noisy bars or nightlife.

In here, I would like to thanks Elina to recommend me such as excellent place.

Warmest Regards,

Jo Samudra

• Liked — Definitely Worth for Money, Great Location, Great Beach View from the Room
  • Disliked — Nothing at all...
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

Stayed here for five nights and LOVED it. It's so off the beaten path and everyone is great! Our room was very nice and we had a wonderful view of the water from our balcony. Very clean and kept up and the staff is so accomodating and helpful.

Could not recommend it more highly. Amazing experience. And, honestly, we can't wait to go back.

• Liked — The location and the staff.
  • Disliked — Nothing (except maybe the beds were a little hard, but that's nothing new in most Thailand accomodations).
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

I was very lucky to spend 2 great nights at The Lodge.

I had stayed at some good and not so good places in Koh Samui, but was fortunate to find this place and stay here for my last 2 nights.

I ended up staying in 2 different rooms as they were heavily booked so squeezed me in. The first night I stayed on the top floor in a penthouse room, it had fantastic views of the ocean and was really nicely decorated. It wasn't that much more expensive than the other rooms really, but was nice and big. The second night I was on the ground floor. The room was smaller, but certainly did me fine and it still opened out on to a patio which over looked the beach. (I think they only have 8 rooms in total).

All the staff there were so nice to me and I really appreciated it. If I ever go back to Koh Samui I would absolutely make sure I stayed there again. It's small and cute and very comfortable.

There is a little bar and restaurant at the front. The menu was small but everything I ordered was delicious.

Also I would throughly recommend staying in Bo Phut full stop. The beach was really good for swimming in, it gets deep quite quickly but I didn't find it rocky or full of seaweed like other beaches I stayed on in Koh Samui.

• Liked — The friendly staff and lovely rooms.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Lodge? Share your experiences!