“Amazing, friendliest hotel ever visited” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chaweng Tara Resort

You added Chaweng Tara Resort to your Saves list
Chaweng Tara Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6//36 Moo 3 Chaweng Noi | Tambon Bophut, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #50 of 173 Hotels in Bophut
London
“Amazing, friendliest hotel ever visited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I must also agree with the previous reviews written about this place. This hotel is such a fine unique place in Chaweng and the hospitality that I received here is one of the best.

The location, whilst not in the centre of Chaweng, is about a 3min walk from the beach and a 5min (at most) taxi away from the buzz of Chaweng. The service was impeccable, so much so, that when I lost my camera in a local taxi, they took my cell phone number, asked for the address of my next hotel in Bangkok and packaged and mailed it there on there own time which I thought was so sweet of them!

The rooms are clean and everything is cleaned up and replenished for your next night stay and when I threw away a pair of sandy shoes in the bin, the housekeeper took them out, washed them and left them on the bedsit! Now that is truly service.

This hotel's main asset is its staff who constantly looked out for myself and my 2 friends that I travelled with. They were always giving us advice and were happy for us to call them whenever we had any problem and went out their way to get us the excursions we wanted. I highly recommend this hotel to whoever wishes to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

All the reviews are true!

This place stands out for me.
I happened upon it as spend a night in another guest house down the road which was awful.

This was and extra 200baht a night which I would of happily paid more for.

It's more like a hotel with guest house prices.
Aircon is the best I had in Thailand, rooms the cleanest and the customer service was fantastic.

My advice to anyone is that if your on a budget this is worth that extra few baht.

If I'm travelling again or just on a holiday in samui again I will stay here without a doubt

• Stayed April 2013
Plymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I can't echo enough what Francesca has written below. The customer service we received at the Chaweng Tara was like nothing I've experienced before..... And I work in customer service. The main guy and his family were born to work in the hospitality industry. Genuinely interested in what you have planned for the day/evening and then awaits your return to hear all about it.

The hotel was spotlessly clean, rooms cleaned daily including new linen and towels. You only have to cross the road and you're on the beach, walk 5 mins up the hill to great restaurants and amenities such as a 24hr shop. The owner will happily book taxis for you and when the girl I'm travelling with wanted to visit the marine national park, he called to book, arrange transfers and even haggle a few hundred baht off the price.

Chaweng Noi was the perfect location for me, everything you need on the doorstep but just outside the main resort of Chaweng Beach for a quieter setting. We felt so comfortable here and will definitely return.

Thank you Chaweng Tara family.....you're lovely!!

Damian and Kerrie
Room 404

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sevenoaks, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I can never really be bothered to leave reviews about places i stay and stuff but this hotel deserves it! Never in my life have i encountered such amazing customer service. This family run hotel is clean and spacious and brilliant value for money. Its quiet as its set away from all the craziness but close enough to go out every night. Your rooms cleaned (plus fresh towels and sheets) every day, theres a laundry service, its close to the beach and you have a fridge, safe and tv in your room. Theres no restaurant in the hotel but if you do fancy a night in they deliver anything in Thailand! But the best thing about this hotel is honestly the people. The family who own it are all so lovely and the main man running it is the nicest person ive ever met. good English and will go out of his way to help you. He even gave us his car free of charge for 3 days!!!!!! I can't explain how comfortable he made us feel........so you'll just have to try it yourself.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was fortunate to stumble upon this hotel. I walked in late in the evening and was greeted with a smile and given assistance immediately. One of the owners treated me warmly right away and set me up in a spacious, clean, extremely comfortable room. While the hotel is not on the beach, it's right across the street from the beach and resorts that are happy to have you patronize them with food and drink. There is plenty of beach access, as well as stretches that are open without having to go to a resort. The hotel is a short taxi drive away from the main strip of Chaweng. At Tara, I had my laundry done, and was given good advice on how to visit the other islands. I was also assisted by the elderly mother who is the main owner and who couldn't have been sweeter in her demure and helpful way. This is a great value for the dollar. Many hotels here are very corporate but this was a little family that welcomed you. It also happened to have the best bed I have slept on throughout my travels in Southeast Asia. I felt rejuvenated when I left.

• Stayed November 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The owner is friendly and pretty helpful. He upgraded room for me to superior room on the second floor. The room is big and the bed is comfortable. However, the bathroom is not so clean (Bath tub, spray hose) There're fridge and cable TV in room. There's no restaurant in the hotel. If you want to eat at some places nearby, you need to walk uphill about 5 minutes to the reasonable price restaurants and to the convenient store ,which is pretty dangerous because there's no footpath. You have to share a way with vehicles. At night it's quite dark also. I recommend you to walk to the right from in front of Chaweng Tara hotel. There's good restaurant in Impiana hotel nearby where you can also enter the beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed 13 nights at this hotel. Perfect cost effectiveness - 1000,- Baht (about 25,-€)- for me. I don't need a pool, only a quiet, well airconditioned and clean room with a little safe and a reliable chambermaid. There was always (24 hours) somebody on duty at the reception opposite the entrance. Therefore I felt very safe here too. . Extra services like laundry and some breakfasts and beers were charged reasonably. My room number was 405. As other reviews stated before: Very friendly and helpful staff. A family run hotel. I felt always welcome and at home here. It is of course a professional friendliness, but nevertheless a very pleasant experience. I wish we had more of this attitude towards customers in Germany.
The hotel's internet access downstairs was unfortunately out of order for the time being there, but WLAN/WiFI for my iPhone worked perfectly.

I would book again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Harry's Bungalows & Restaurant
Samui Reef View Resort
Samui Reef View Resort
#12 of 63 in Maret
4.5 of 5 stars 232 reviews

Been to Chaweng Tara Resort? Share your experiences!