“The quietest holiday ever” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cabanas de Sao Jorge Village

You added Cabanas de Sao Jorge Village to your Saves list
Cabanas de Sao Jorge Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sitio da Beira da Quinta Sao Jorge | Santana, Santana, Madeira 9230, Portugal   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Santana
brighton, england
“The quietest holiday ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

The hotel has several 'rooms' in the grounds which are easy to access for those with disabilities.
The staff are extremely accommodating and did their best to look after our every need.
I went with my elderly mother thinking that we would have a relaxing holiday by the pool in the sunshine. I did not research fully before hand and chose a time when the weather was not good for 'flying and flopping.'
We hired a car and got about the island, having tried the local bus service, which was very 'patchy'. Due to the location of the hotel complex there were only buses about 4 times a day.
With the car we were able to visit many of the attractions. I recommend the Theme Park at Santana, not the kind of theme park I am used to in England, no white knuckle rides, but an emtremely informative centre to find out about the discovery of Madeira and its history to the present day.
If I was going to Madeira again with my 77 year old mother I would stay in Funchal, Machico or Porta Cruz so that she could enjoy the sun and walk about where there was plenty to amuse her.
If I stayed at Cabanas Village again I would take my hiking boots and enjoy an energetic walking holiday using the village as one of my short stay places on the island before walking elsewhere.
The accommodation is basic and clean, there is heating in the rooms for the cooler nights in April and the bar, restaurant and breakfast room serve wholesome food at reasonable prices.

• Liked — The views were terrific
  • Disliked — The fact that it was isolated
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Cabanas de Sao Jorge Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cabanas de Sao Jorge Village

Address: Sitio da Beira da Quinta Sao Jorge | Santana, Santana, Madeira 9230, Portugal
Location: Portugal > Madeira Islands > Madeira > Santana
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Santana
Hotel Class:3 star — Cabanas de Sao Jorge Village 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Cabanas de Sao Jorge Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cabanas De Sao Jorge Village Hotel Santana
Cabanas Portugal
Cabanas De Sao Jorge Village Madeira/Santana

If you own or manage Cabanas de Sao Jorge Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.