“Best in Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kookas Bed & Breakfast

You added Kookas Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Kookas Bed & Breakfast
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   40 Hutchinson Street | North Cairns, Edge Hill, Queensland 4870, Australia   |
Announcement
Relax in style
Ranked #1 of 4 Edge Hill B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Büren
“Best in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stay there with my friends whenever i`m in Cairns.
Lovely Place, wonderful views and in ten minutes, by car, you will be in the middle of Cairns.
The Rooms are Quiet and very Clean. My Favorite Rooms are in the separate Building on the first Floor. The Kookas is my Startbase when i heading north for some Trips to the Cape York an the Kookas is also my relaxingpoint when i`m back from the Tip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
kookas-55, Owner at Kookas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Roland V.
Thank you for your great feedback on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at Kookas B&B. We are looking forward to welcome you again on your next trip to Cairns and Cape York .
Marlies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Kookas B&B when we visited Cairns, Australia and the Great Barrier Reef and it was a great place to stay. The owner, Marlies, and her "Crew" could not do enough for us. The accommodations were private with a porch, access to their in-ground swimming pool and a great view of the ocean. Marlies picked us up at the airport and made all of the arrangements to visit the Great Barrier Reef as well as renting a car to visit Port Douglas, the Rain Forrest and Cape Tribulation. In both cases we were picked up at our B&B and brought back when we were finished. We ate dinner one evening at Marlies, and although not on the standard menu, I asked if she could make me a special Swiss dinner. The dinner was outstanding and a special treat for me. My wife and I would recommend Kookas B&B very highly to anyone visiting Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef. .

Room Tip: All rooms had a view and were private
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
kookasbnb, Owner at Kookas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Customers from North Carolina,
Thank you for your great feedback on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read that you had a lovely stay at our B&B and loved my Swiss cooking. We truly enjoyed your company and are looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Cairns.
Marlies & team
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Kookas is a quiet oasis on a lovely green hillside above Cairns, with a great view, trees, birds, flowers all around us. Marlies, our marvelous host, was always kind & attentive to our needs and helped us a lot with trips, a car, and good ideas. Her amazing breakfasts were the best way to start our days: a variety of tropical fruits, homemade bread, cheeses, even Muesli and yogurt! The lovingly decorated and generously fitted rooms were very clean - inclusive: a fridge, a water cooker, adapter, etc.! Our family of 3 was really spoiled here for 14 days at one of the best B&Bs we ever stayed at! Peter, Barbara & Anya

Room Tip: Couple: king size room with private bathroom in separate building; older child in corner room at the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
kookasbnb, Owner at Kookas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Barbara, Peter and Anya
Thank you for your excellent feedback on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read that you spent a wonderful time at Kookas B&B. I thoroughly enjoyed the time with you and I'am look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Cairns.
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Lovely spot away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We enjoyed every morning a delicious breakfast with magnificent views over the surroundings. Our room was comfy, super clean and very spacious, the Lindt chocolate bonbons in the fridge a sweet welcoming attention. Marlies and Bruno did everything to offer us a pleasant and relaxing stay. Thank you guys!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
kookas-55, Owner at Kookas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Nela,
Thank you for your excellent feedback on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read that you had a pleasant and relaxing stay at Kookas B&B. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Cairns.
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at Kookas B&B for a total of 3 nights . The accomodations were very good. The owner Marlies was very cordial and did everything possible to make our stay perfect. The breakfasts were superb, the travel arrangements on time, the pool was a wonderful reprieve from a day of outdoor activities. If you don't have a car rental, taxis are easily gotten to take you where ever you need to go in Cairns. The B&B is at best 15 minutes from the airport but you would never know it. ( no aircraft noise). Beautiful views from the veranda, pool or breakfast room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Drik,
Thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Kookas B&B.. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Cairns.
Worcester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We arrived at this lovely house, which is in a great location, to a less than warm welcome by the owner Marlies. Although the house could not be faulted, we felt that we were intruding. We never worked out what it was, but we thought it may have been because we were English rather German. On the day we were leaving, we chose to walk round the Botanical Gardens rather that encroach on Marlies' hospitality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
kookas-55, Owner at Kookas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Marchrisilyn,
thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am really sorry to read that you felt you were intruding on my privacy.
If I could turn back the time and would be able to accommodate you for another night,
I would do my best to make it a happier experience.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

As a solo traveller I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded from a single to a double room at no extra cost, simply because it was available. The B&B is in a beautiful spot away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I had the lovely breakfast overlooking a view of lots of trees and mountains each morning. Marlies happily offered breakfast at the extremely early time of 6.15am so I could eat and then make my tour pick-up time- even better, she dropped me where I needed to be picked up from which was a huge bonus (long walk otherwise). I highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
kookas-55, Owner at Kookas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Gill,
Thank you for your great feedback on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read that you had a lovely holiday and enjoyed our tropical breakfast. We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Cairns.
Marlies & team

Been to Kookas Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!