We felt the time spent here was wasted and possibly the worst lodge visited in 20 years of travelling in Africa. EXCEPT that the river safaris were excellent.
Accommodation was poor - even for Africa it was "tired"
- nowhere to put personal toiletries etc in bathroom.
- no coffee-making facilities in room or early morning delivery
Meals not good - cold soggy toast - had it been served before?
- birds in the cereals helping themselves at breakfast buffet and in the butter
- accepting that temperatures were high, the butter was like oil
Hospitality - we felt we were being watched all the time especially at mealtimes.
Principal staff sat facing into the dining area too close for comfort.
- Principal staff members made no attempt to interreact with guests,
contrasting vividly with experiences in other similar lodges.
- Booked on B&B, we were not offered lunch on the second day.
- A "dark" spooky environment and with a week left of our holiday
I would have gladly gone home.
Thank goodness all the other lodges we visited were "spot on".
On a positive note, the local staff and the guides were friendly and welcoming.