“Very nice, quaint..” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Birmingham, Alabama
“Very nice, quaint..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We ate here twice and it was very good both times. The food was good and reasonably priced. Our waitress was very friendly (as most Costa Ricans are!)

Visited July 2012

Vienna, Virginia, USA
“Best in Atenas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Was really hard for us to find but worth it. We brought our 1, 5 and 7 year old. Everyone had something on the menu to eat. Great food great value. Nice little setting in town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“best restaurant in Atenas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was a surprise find for us. We were in Atenas area for a few days and had an afternoon free. After walking around the main square and getting our bearings, we stumbled on this restaurant while exploring the neighborhood. It is just a half block off the northeast corner of the main square in what appears to be a house with open windows and a large covered veranda. We were in the central veranda in a dining area with several tables, but spaced well apart from one another. Our son who was with us had been to the restaurant before highly recommended the chicken breast sandwich, which my wife ordered. He wanted the chicken quesadilla and I went for the "farmer's plate" (this is not exactly right, but it is the plate option with a fried egg) with carne asada, which is turned out also incuded chicken fajitas -- I thought it was one or the other. We also ordered a medium fries for my wife and the table, which turned out to be a large bowl of very crisp french fries that we all shared a bit.

Everything was excellent. The chicken sandwich was a full chicken breast, and it was more than my wife could eat (my son came to her rescue). I had ordered the plate to try a lot of different things, and it was a lot of food. It had rice and black beans, which is typical, a banana salad with what tasted a bit like catsup sauce that was okay, a fried egg that I assumed went with the carne asada, a fried plantain, excellent chicken fajitas with peppers and onions, and the carne asada with a couple of tortillas. Definitely a lot of food, but everything was very well prepared. I probably could pass on the banana salad if I were to do it again, but it had intrigued me and I would have ordered it anyway. The plate came with a choice of three different salads.

Restaurant is also open for breakfast, and reading other reviews online indicates the restaurant is also an excellent breakfast choice. It was a real surprise finding a restaurant this good and with such fresh ingredients in Atenas, which is a small town not near much of anything.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

We ate here our last night in Costa Rica. I wish we had eaten here sooner. The food and service were great. The resturant is not far from the center park, and is located in an old colonial home Four of us had dinner and drinks for under $50.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Piedmont, South Carolina
“Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stopped in here one night last week while on vacation in Atenas. The food is amazing and the waiter could not have been more helpful. If you are in the area you should definitely check it out!

• Visited May 2012