First the good: The view is amazing!! The cool breeze was welcome after being at the beach all week. We stayed our last night in Costa Rica to be closer to airport. Hard to believe the airport was so close to this quiet place. Good Wi-fi.
The bad: The rooms are VERY simple (no TV, no surface space, low water pressure). Because of this we wanted to play some cards in a sitting area by the pool, overlooking the valley but it was locked. We were told by the woman owner (I am bad with names) that we could have come and asked for the key. I would never knock on their residence door at 9-10 pm. We didn't understand why it didn't remain open. So, instead we sat on our bed (which one of the bed slats broke by sitting on it) and watched Netflix.
Our room was located right by the gravel parking area. Whenever someone arrived by car it was as if we were on a bed in the middle of the parking lot. Granted, we are light sleepers but everytime someone spoke or walked by we woke up. Also, the shower water changed temps whenever someone in the kitchen (located on the other side of the wall) washed something.
Other reviews spoke of Johnathon who was wonderful. We only met him briefly but saw his wife (?) most of the time. She was less than hospitable (see above regarding locked sitting area). At breakfast, place setting were set at the tables. We asked if we could sit at an unset table and she essentially told us no. "Are those set? These are the ones that are set." My boyfriend moved the places anyway and she was obviously upset by it. It may sound petty but there was really no reason for her attitude.
Overall, I would probably recommend this B&B as long as you don't get the blue room in the front and Jonathan is present.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Atenas Hotel Atenas
- Vista Atenas Hotel
- Vista Atenas Bed And Breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short 35 minutes from San José International Airport, the lush rolling countryside, with its bountiful fruit orchards and sweeping valley vistas, magically transforms as you ascend the winding mountain road that brings you to the vibrant celestial mosaic that surrounds Vista Atenas B&B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelBookers and Agoda so you can book your Vista Atenas Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.