Overall we found this to be a average AI hotel maybe a good 3* but definately not a 4*plus. We have been to 2 other Iberostar hotels and we were slightly dissapointed with this hotel for the following reason:-
The sun bed situation is AWFUL especially around the main pool, be prepared to get up very early as all the beds were taken by 7 o'clock and this was everybody not just the Germans. We took our drinks and sat by the pool one night as we wanted to be on our own for a little while and 1 lady came out at midnight and put her towels out on the beds !!! Anyway when she had gone I chucked them in the pool.
The tiled floors around the pool, dining room and lobby area are all very wet during the day we only found 2 slip mats round the pool so they became very slippery and dangerous also the toilets are filthy dirty and the floor was always covered in water and loo paper.
The sports facilities are rather poor for a hotel this size, only 1 broken ping pong table which collapsed one day only just missing the legs of the players who were using it. 1 pool table which you have to book in advance at a cost of €6 per hour. Also we found that the amintion program overlapped event so maybe Archery and French boules would be on at the same time therfore you could not take part in both.
The evening entertainment by the animation team is very poor quality, they do a sketch show, quiz nights or a dance theme night. But the biggest con has to be the bar- b -que night , it cost €25 each which is a rip off when you have already paid for all your food and drink anyway.
Please remember that this hotel is situated in a VERY REMOTE LOCATION, the trolley bus runs to Panorama every hour this cost €2 per person each way but it is only a tiny place less than 10 tavernas and shops so not much to see or do. The buses run very regularly to Rethymnon from just outside the hotel. We had a great meal at the "Symposium Restaurant " in Rethymnon.
We booked with First Choice and did not upgrade our room as we were told that this room would be big large enough for 2 adults and 1 child therefore we were allocated a Double room in the main building (as you may be aware with FC you can get a free child place up to the age of 14 ) BUT please take note the room has one double bed and a sofa bed which is only really suitable for a child under 5ft 4inches, our son is very tall and his feet hung over the edge of the bed for 2 weeks!! Because the hotel was fully we could not chance rooms even if we offered to pay extra.
The food was what you would expect from AI it became very repetative the second week althoght it was always hot. The bar staff were very nice, although we did find that some of the Reception Staff were rude and unhelpful. This hotel would be suitable for people not wanting to do very much on holiday and would be perfect for families with young children.
This is the cost of trips,extra charges in €
Water Park =37 per person
Landrover Adventure = 69 per person
Axos by night Music dance and cretan food = 44 per person
Samaria Gorge = 42 per person
Taxis to Rethymnon = 18 each way
Safety deposit box = 48
Sunbeds on the beaches = 4 per bed per day
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star IBEROSTAR Creta Panorama & Mare Hotel offers all-inclusive accommodations in Panormo. Perched next to two private coves, this top family-oriented hotel on the island of Crete is ideal for travelers looking for vacations full of traditional Greek charm. With breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea, this tranquil enclave is the perfect locale if you want to relax in a comfortable yet fabulous environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Creta Panorama Hotel Panormo
- Iberostar Hotel Creta Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Panormo
- Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare Panormos, Crete, Greece