It is easy to characterize this hotel: beautiful location, breathtaking gorgeous views, perfectly groomed and luscious gardens, very good and plentiful food, excellent service. As far as swimming in the sea is concerned, there are three artificial lagoons which are quite nice, though may be not attgractive for those who prefer wide sandy beaches open to the sea.
The only flaws which I find with this property in related to my disability. I move around in a wheelchair and there are some things which were not perfect in he hotel for me:
1. The door to the bathroom, even in the accessible room, were too narrow. I am quite thin and my wheelchair could only be squezed in and out by force. Perhaps the management should think of having a "house" wheelchair with suitable width which could be borrowed for the length of stay.
2. The door to he balcony was also to narrow. Fortunately, I was capable to transfer across the threshold to a balcony chair and back, but not every disabled person could do that (even though the view from the balcony is really beautiful).
3. There is no place to seat in the shower. The receptionist who checked us in on June 16 at night (unfortunately, I don't remember his name) followed my suggestion and got me a plastic garden chair which served the purpose sufficiently (even much better than a wall-mounted fixed stool although one or two handles/railings would be helpful).
4. The handle/railing by the toilet is much too delicate and should be mounted more solidly, otherwise if it falls off when someone is leaning on it, there may be a serious accident. This requires not just simple tightening of screws (which the maintenance did for me twice, but a major re-mounting.
5. The Thalassa restaurant is completely inaccessible for wheelchair. Perhaps something could be done about that?
Anyway the personnel is quite an asset of this property - always frendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront IBEROSTAR Creta Marine Hotel in Panormo sits in a peaceful part of Crete's north side. This resort enjoys a coveted enclave location in front of the Aegean Sea with remarkable views. The IBEROSTAR Creta Marine features family holidays with the best accommodation, dining, and leisure that are guaranteed to convert your stay in Crete into an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Creta Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Creta Marine Hotel Rethymnon
- Iberostar Hotel Rethymnon
- Iberostar Hotel Creta Marine
- Iberostar Creta Marine Panormos, Crete, Greece